should eggman join the brawl?

WHY NOT MAKE ROBOTNIK FIGHT?!

BECAUSE HE'S NOT THE FIGHTING TYPE! which is what ive been saying this whole time.

that Robotnik has no regular attacks to draw from in his games?

Yes, that right there.

Who ever said Zelda could do a spinning back kick??? Or Dr. Mario could leap up and uppercut someone? Or Peach could fly sideways and smash someone with her butt causing flames to burst out?

Nintendo said so. And you missing the point. The point is that eggman really never comes out of his machines. all of the characters you have metnions ARE ON FOOT. Eggman isn't.

AtomicB said:
Yes they did. They changed Snake so that he doesn't use guns, only explosives. You didn't notice that? Obviously not. And since when can Snake double-jump in mid-air?

They didnt add though, they took away, so its still Snake. I said they couldnt MAKE STUFF UP, not take things away.

AtomicB said:
Robotnick was out of his ship in Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic & K- well, you get the picture.

AND DID HE KICK OR PUNCH SONIC!? NO!

AtomicB said:
Actually, you just sound cocky and full of yourself. Your points are terrible. I considered you one of the more intelligent posters, but until you learn how to be a bit humbler and less stubborn...

You guys are being stubborn. You letting your love for the sonic series to get in the way of your reasoning and logic.

AtomicB said:
Who said Fox every knew how to pull out a reflector and reflect projectiles?

Think Atomic....SLIPPY! It makes sense for fox to use technology, am I wrong?

Last edited:
yeah, take away, they took away from snake, so they can take away from robotnick like his giant robots.

i've never seen zalda punch or kick
the closest thing to mario doing a punch is spinning in galaxy
when has anyone ever played as zero suit samas? and don't say the justin bailey cheat in the first metroid.

Shoko said:
BECAUSE HE'S NOT THE FIGHTING TYPE! which is what ive been saying this whole time.

That's pure opinion. Are you trying to tell me that Yoshi is the fighting type?

Shoko said:
Yes, that right there.
Niether did Fox McCloud.

Shoko said:
Nintendo said so. And you missing the point. The point is that eggman really never comes out of his machines. all of the characters you have metnions ARE ON FOOT. Eggman isn't.

Did you not hear me? Eggm- I mean Robotnick has been on foot a good number of times, as opposed to Fox!

Shoko said:
They didnt add though, they took away, so its still Snake. I said they couldnt MAKE STUFF UP, not take things away.

They made stuff up with Olimar! They made stuff up with Fox! The made stuff up with Zero-Suit Samus!

Shoko said:
Did Yoshi ever punch or kick anybody? Did Fox ever punch or kick anybody? Did Zelda ever punch or kick anybody?

Who says he has to punch or kick?! Robotnick is an evil genius. He would obviously be inside a machine.

Shoko said:
You guys are being stubborn. You letting your love for the sonic series to get in the way of your reasoning and logic.

What reason and logic?
"He's not the fighting type,"? How is that even rational?

Shoko said:

Think Shoko.... EVIL GENIUS! It makes sense for Robotnick to use machinary, am I wrong?

Dkw0101 said:
yeah, take away, they took away from snake, so they can take away from robotnick like his giant robots.

They can do whatever they want as long as it's within reason and the rights of the character.

Dkw0101 said:
Niether have I.

Dkw0101 said:
when has anyone ever played as zero suit samas? and don't say the justin bailey cheat in the first metroid.

Mario punched and kicked in Mario 64. Zero Suit Samus is from the GBA game.

Dkw0101 said:

What you just said: so they can take away from robotnick like his giant robots.

If you take away the robots how will he fight? See what I'm sayin.

You haven't seen Mario 64 then, cause he punched, kicked, and slid in that game.

when has anyone ever played as zero suit samas?

Umm, Metroid ZERO MISSION!!!

I'm sorry for yellin at you guys, I'll calm down, but Dkw0101's statements are just horrible, like the ones above. I mean, they just couldnt be further from the truth!

AtomicB:Think Shoko.... EVIL GENIUS! It makes sense for Robotnick to use machinary, am I wrong?

um, I never said he couldn't use technology......your completely off now.

AtomicB:Did Yoshi ever punch or kick anybody? Did Fox ever punch or kick anybody? Did Zelda ever punch or kick anybody?

You keep forgetting one of my main points- They belong to Nintendo

And there's been many of pictures of fox out his ship, so a character model wasnt hard. All they needed to do was a moveset. (I'm talking about back then, cause now we got Starfox Adventures and Assualt)

Last edited:
Shoko said:

Yes, that right there.

AtomicB- "Yes they did. They changed Snake so that he doesn't use guns, only explosives. You didn't notice that? Obviously not. And since when can Snake double-jump in mid-air?"

You. Have. Got. To. Be. Kidding. Me. Are you trying to do the "baffle them with B.S." routine?

NONE of the characters ever did any of those moves before Melee, or since outside of that game(Zelda, Dr. Mario and Peach from my example). Nintendo made them up, yes, as moves for Robotnik would be. So what if they have to be added?! so many moves in these games have been made up specifically for smash bros!

Robotnik IS the fighting type. Check out the game Sonic The Fighters. He is the final boss in the game, he FIGHTS you, using combos and throws.

YOU are missing the point. And I am not letting my love for the Sonic series get in the way (in fact, I have not played a Sonic game in ages save for Mario & Sonic at the Olympics) of reasoning...it is the fact that I AM logical that I can reasonably explain how Robotnik could be a fighter in Brawl. If anyone is being stubborn here, it is you for not seeing how it is entirely feasible for him to be a fighter. He has fought in video games before. Moves CAN be created for characters. He is prominent in many video games. Characters that have done less fighting than him ARE characters in Melee!

Last edited:
It's hard to understand what some of you are yelling about; I don't speak retard. But just because Robotnik has never fought on foot (or has he? I wouldn't know) doesn't mean he couldn't fight in SSB. Two words to prove my point. Ready?

Captain Falcon.

His series is a racing genre. And somehow, somehow, they pulled out all these really awesome, defining moves like Falcon Punch and Falcon Kick and that Up+B thing! I mean, can you even think of CF without hearing "Falcooon PUNCH!" in you're head? It would be easy to make up a moveset for just about anyone. I trust the developers to make a moveset for any character after what they pulled off with Falcon.

AtomicB said:

Than take a crack at mine.
Read my last post.

Nookslave said:
It's hard to understand what some of you are yelling about; I don't speak retard. But just because Robotnik has never fought on foot (or has he? I wouldn't know) doesn't mean he couldn't fight in SSB. Two words to prove my point. Ready?

Captain Falcon.

His series is a racing genre. And somehow, somehow, they pulled out all these really awesome, defining moves like Falcon Punch and Falcon Kick and that Up+B thing! I mean, can you even think of CF without hearing "Falcooon PUNCH!" in you're head? It would be easy to make up a moveset for just about anyone. I trust the developers to make a moveset for any character after what they pulled off with Falcon.

You sir have missed all of my points. I'll say it again: Cpt. Falcon belonged to nintendo, so they could do whatever they wanted to to him

islandvic said:
Robotnik IS the fighting type. Check out the game Sonic The Fighters. He is the final boss in the game, he FIGHTS you, using combos and throws.

^And dang that looked stupid lol. you gotta admit. And he was fighting people from his series anyway. ya gotta think about the Nintendo characters. i mean, Snake vs Pikachu looks wierd enough lol.

Last edited:
Shoko said:
Read my last post.

You sir have missed all of my points. I'll say it again: Cpt. Falcon belonged to nintendo, so they could do whatever they wanted to to him

I apologize for not understanding. I'll say it again: It's hard to keep up when everyone's retard-speak is in caps.

Shoko said:

OK see that is what I don't get, who said anywhere that Nintendo couldn't make moves for a third party, or ask permission from the developer to create some moves?

Shoko said:
Read my last post.

You've got to be kidding me.

You think just because Robotnick belongs to Sega they can't edit his move-set?!

SAKURAI'S TEAM ARE THE PEOPLE WHO CREATED SONIC'S / SNAKE'S MOVE-SET IN THE FIRST PLACE!

The Smash Bros. development team are the people who created the models! What, do you think they just ripped it from the other games or something?

Listen to reason and logic, man! Stop being so stubborn!

You honestly think that whatever they do in the game has to have already been done previously with third party characters?!

If Da Vinci thought like that, he would have never designed the first tank! Maybe people are missing your points because they're flat out lame points!

islandvic said:
OK see that is what I don't get, who said anywhere that Nintendo couldn't make moves for a third party, or ask permission from the developer to create some moves?

You're handling the matter much more sanely... =.='`

islandvic said:

You read this too AtomicB

Let's put it like this: Nintendo asks Sega if they could make Eggman/Robotnick able to shoot blast out of his hands and make him able to fight break-dance style. Sega says yes, and they do that in Brawl.

Now do you guys see what I've been talking about? I think you guys should get the idea from that example.

Last edited:
AtomicB said:
You've got to be kidding me.

You think just because Robotnick belongs to Sega they can't edit his move-set?!

SAKURAI'S TEAM ARE THE PEOPLE WHO CREATED SONIC'S / SNAKE'S MOVE-SET IN THE FIRST PLACE!

The Smash Bros. development team are the people who created the models! What, do you think they just ripped it from the other games or something?

Listen to reason and logic, man! Stop being so stubborn!

You honestly think that whatever they do in the game has to have already been done previously with third party characters?!

If Da Vinci thought like that, he would have never designed the first tank! Maybe people are missing your points because they're flat out lame points!

You're handeling the matter much more sanely... =.='`

can I say PWNED!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandvic[/b

^And dang that looked stupid lol. you gotta admit. And he was fighting people from his series anyway. ya gotta think about the Nintendo characters. i mean, Snake vs Pikachu looks wierd as hell lol.

How could that appear stupid in the slightest? Robotnik has been in a game where he displayed physical attacks, which you were arguing he's never done. And so what if he was fighting people from his own series? This doesn't matter, given all the characters in brawl have only interacted with their own world's people before being put into Brawl! You are NOT making sense.

Shoko said:
You read this too AtomicB

Let's put it like this: Nintendo asks Sega if they could make Eggman/Robotnick able to shoot blast out of his hands and make him able to fight break-dance style.

Now do you guys see what I've been talking about? I think you guys should get the idea from that example.

...That's...stupid. That proves no point because Nintendo would never do that. The reason that Sega would allow Nintendo to make Robotnik's moves would be because they trust them to make a true Eggman-like move scheme.

Back