Should I buy a NES?

Nfanboy

Mario Fanatic
Feb 7, 2007
Flipside or flopside
ok so my friend told me that there's this one store that has almost all the old consoles, games, and accessories. I could pick up a NES for about $40-$50 (US dollars) so I'm wondering, should i buy one? Or just stick for the Virtual Console?

If I get one I'll probably get Super Mario Bros. 3 (have Super Mario Bros. 1 on VC and Super Mario Bros 2 on Super Mario Advance)

So should I really get one?

Well the place I might get a NES, they have A LOT of NES games, so I don't think finding a good game will be that hard. They even have Super Scopes!

Any suggestions for NES games?

yeah but you ever see in stores like EB and gamestop that they sell mario brothers 3 for like 10$??? its a rip off.

rumor has it though that it will come out for VC. personally, id hold off on getting an NES becuase all the popular games that you want will probably come out on VC in the future.

save your money, i wouldnt do it.

I still might get a NES. games are most likely NOT $10 considering I saw N64 games for UNDER $10.

Games should be cheap, and $40 for a NES is a good deal

$40 for an NES is not a good deal thats like 8 NES games alone then you have to consider the NES games will only be like a dollar cheaper at this store then on VC so unless you buy more than 40 games it's a rip off plus the hastle of setting that up with it's old school cords

well unless you dont have the patience for it to come out on VC then go knock ur self out

I'm also looking in to buy a SNES maybe.

Plus a NES is a classic.

Not 100% of buying a NES, but I might get a SNES too. My friend got a SNES off Ebay.

So if that one place has a SNES and a NES, which one should I get???

well then I'll ask if that place was getting any SNES consoles. I really am not sure. If he's getting a SNES and it is a decent price, I'll buy one.

Any suggestions on games for SNES?

I'm thinking these:

Super Mario All-stars
Super Mario Worlds 1 & 2
Mario Paint
A Link to the Past (Zelda)

Any other SNES games?

I think you should keep your money and not buy the NES. I know its hard and slow but with time all the games you want badly will come to the VC. And as an added bonus, you can play SNES, Mega Drive, TurboGrafx, Gamecube and Wii games on your wii.

I might not get a NES, but I might get a SNES. So hard to choose between what to get!

I think if I can get a good deal on a NES ($40 or under) then I'll get one. Plus the controller and game, would equal up to about one Wii game! Plus I don't have to pay for shipping and handling, which makes it better than ebay.

Just might go pick up a NES. So if I have to get a NES or a SNES, what should I get?

Back