Should i buy a PS3 or a XBOX360 ?

If you compare the same game on 360 and PS3 4 out of 5 times the game looks and plays better/smoother/higher frame rate on 360. So id say 360.

Wii-licious said:
Now i need to buy: Halo 3 , Gears of war and Lost Planet.
Those are 3 must haves, very good games. Looks as though you have a good collection already, enjoying it?

Halo 3 would be awesome if it had the controls that the Wii has, i find it too inaccurate trying to aim with a controller, a mouse would be ideal can u use a PC mouse in games like Halo3 and Medal of hounour etc etc?

Sorry bit off topic

the thing about it though, micosoft is going to to HAVE to be like ps3 come next gen, cuz blu ray disc is better than what microsoft is using, so.....ps3 is gonna be around for a long time. i mean think about it....microsoft is either gonna have to go the wii route, ps3 route or come up with something completely new and hope it catch on, which i doubt they will do. they simply are gonna have to create a system that can play higher capacity disc (which is blu ray at the moment) something to process the power like the cell processor, and it will have to have a hard drive system in it provided they wanna go the High Def route. so realistically, though sony is struggling now, they did build for the future.

I agree, wait on the PS3 for now. They just announced their best games aren't coming out until 2008. FF13 2009. So what's the rush? This also means a lot of the prices like Resistance will price drop by then. The game is still $60!

currently 360 is the best to go 4. ps3 will eventually get some good games.

i'm also planning to buy one of those two.....(since i have wii and i love it) but i'm probably getting ps3...you know, better "appearance", newer, blu-ray, best graphics ever.....etc.....

i also think (personal opinion) that it will be second in worldwide sales......after wii

Its simple. If you want to watch high def movies and not play any decent games then by all means go ps3. If you want to play top shelf FPS games then you have no choice but to go 360.

im planning 2 get a 360 on the 23rd(my b-day)

EDIT: can some1 tell me a way to prevent the red rings

Last edited:
I would say the Xbox 360. Mainly for the reason that there will be more games out for the Xbox.
Right now, the Xbox is much easier to write and make games for versus the Playstation. Look at it this way. Mircosoft is known for making software, and writing programs. Thats all they do. And the Xbox is nothing more than a computer, without the monitor. So to make games for them is much easier and more companies are realizing that it doesn't take as much time to create a game for the Xbox. As for the Playstation, its much harder to program for them, because its a whole new language for the software engineers. Like
GTA4- the only reason why its not out yet is because of the Playstation3. So in my opinion, the Xbox will have a much bigger library than PS3.

lenitao3 said:
i'm also planning to buy one of those two.....(since i have wii and i love it) but i'm probably getting ps3...you know, better "appearance", newer, blu-ray, best graphics ever.....etc.....

i also think (personal opinion) that it will be second in worldwide sales......after wii

Dont mean to rain on your parade but..... if you look at non biased reviews/comparissons between games that are both on 360 and PS3, the Xbox version is better in about 3/4 out of 5 of the cases... go look at some 360 vs PS3 articles.

bubs said:
Dont mean to rain on your parade but..... if you look at non biased reviews/comparissons between games that are both on 360 and PS3, the Xbox version is better in about 3/4 out of 5 of the cases... go look at some 360 vs PS3 articles.
As developers learn how to get the the most out of the PS3 hardware, I'm sure PS3's graphics will be better.

Big_League_Slugger said:
As developers learn how to get the the most out of the PS3 hardware, I'm sure PS3's graphics will be better.

If we use the first gen PS2 titles vs. more recent titles like God of War II as a metric of improvement over time, the PS3 titles 2-3 years into the platform should be stunning.

Back