Should I buy Need for Speed Carbon?

sonictt1

WiiChat Member
Mar 16, 2007
In Iowa (go Hawkeyes)!!!
I've played other Need for Speed titles (Underground, Most Wanted are favs). But the NFS hype wasn't there! I barely new about it's release! So, I'm not sure if I should buy it. I'm kind of confused on this matter, so any personal reviews would be nice!

It is a good game. I'd suggest getting it, It has old NFS Features [Though you can't do your car up AS much] along with a new Sotryline Build. It's a definate 'Must Have' if you like Racing Games

Controls - Hold it on it's side and Steer. It's the way for Driving :)

Last edited:
yeah I wonder how the controls are?!?!?!? if you use the wiimote/nunchuk as a steering wheel like in call of duty 3 that would be interesting! I'll see if I can find a video on youtube of someone playing it!

If you're into Japanese car tuning games, then be my guest.

If you are into exotics cruising along Italian landscapes, then get Hot Pursuit 2.

Some of the tuning options are horrible (ugly) and the police force is not as firce and detailed as Most Wanted. I bought the game for GC in October and I was very dissapointed.

FR. said:
If you're into Japanese car tuning games, then be my guest.

huh? the game isnt japanese. it has 1 japanese person in the whole game. yea it has some japanese style music during the canyon races but thats it. anyways i suggest you get it. its just like Most Wanted but it doesnt have as much police chasing. i want to go play right now because i just got a lambo on it but my friends are watching TV :(

I think the game is great. There are 5 or 6 different options you can use for the controls. If you don't like tilting the wiimote, then change the settings to what suit you best.

Amazing, taking over a city winning races, top customization from the window tint to the axels. Pretty clean graphics, hidden roads and high speed car chases. learning curve is about 30 mins though so give it some time. Controller is really good, and if you don't like it it gives you a few choices about how to use the controller. DONT BUY THE STEARING WHEEL! it takes away from the feel. Wiimote controlles are really good in this game. Fun i suggest you get it.

Wiitendo said:
Amazing, taking over a city winning races, top customization from the window tint to the axels. Pretty clean graphics, hidden roads and high speed car chases. learning curve is about 30 mins though so give it some time. Controller is really good, and if you don't like it it gives you a few choices about how to use the controller. DONT BUY THE STEARING WHEEL! it takes away from the feel. Wiimote controlles are really good in this game. Fun i suggest you get it.

I must have played a different Wii game because none of the control options were responsive or fun in the faintest, in my experience anyway.

On the whole this is possibly the worst game I have played on the Wii!! :mad2: - And I've played 7 of 'em!

Now I actually enjoyed the previous gamecube version but this is truly dire, I would advise against purchasing but rental if you really want to give it a shot.

Mitch2025 said:
huh? the game isnt japanese. it has 1 japanese person in the whole game. yea it has some japanese style music during the canyon races but thats it. anyways i suggest you get it.

- Mazda
- Nissan
- Subaru

All Japanese car makers. And the setting is based on a Japanese setting. It's al in the Q & A's on the homepage.

Hey everyone,
So i wanna get the classic contoller but i dont know if its compatible with NFSC? Is it just for the virtual console or can you use it for wii games you buy at the store? there doesnt seem to be an icon of the controller on any game so im not sure. It sucks coz i cant use the wiimote as good for nfsc, im so uncoordinated lol. id find it easier with just a normal controller. *hopes it can be used*.

I dont mind the game, i have to say Most Wanted was my absolute favourite, i had it on pc tho but the interface was so nice and easy, im not that into this interface and the graphics kinda suck with everyhting looking the same colour, u go around a corner and as u get close it ends up ur turning the wrong way lol, i thought maybe u can adjust the settings to make it better like on the comp but i couldnt find anything :\. I havent got much into it so maybe thats why i dont like it as much, tho the controllers the only thing thats really bugging me, i guess i'll just have to get used to it if nothing else can be used *sigh*.

Last edited:
True, the game also takes about 1 week to beat if you play 2 hours each day. Very short and not worth the buy. You could rent it and finish it before it's due. The storyline was not well put together AKA it was rushed. They are planning there next game to be released in the late summer, which is clearly not enough time to make a complete, well-structured game.

Back