should i buy the ds?

mims123

WiiChat Member
Mar 4, 2007
Hey guys.

Ok, so I've wanted the wii a year before it even came out! But the thing is, I was playing in a cello audition the day it came out, so i couldn't wait in lines or anything because i was too late. My friends did. I have been hunting for a wii ever since. The thing is, I can't find one ANYWHERE. I have 600 dollars right now. I could buy the DS, and have nearly enough to buy my wii and accessories, games, etc. So i kind of have enough money. Is the DS worth blowing a few hundred of my wii money for? Are the games good enough? Oh, and any news about when the wiis are going to be available? <doesn't fit in this area of forums, but just thought i'd ask ;)

thanks

the DS is a great handheld, i doubt that you would be disappointed if you purchased it.

I think you should get one, i love mine! I think they are suppose to be able to connect wireless to the Wii also, but i'm not 100% sure. The best way to find a Wii is to call the stores every morning to see if they have any in stock, and if they do go get one. It took me awhile before i found mine. Call all the walmarts, targets, best buys, and of course gamestop. They all told me they usually get about one shipment of 8-10 Wiis once every 1-2 weeks, and they will usually sell out around late afternoon. So as long as you call all the stores every morning at 7 you should come across one in no time. Good luck finding one! :arf:

ok i dont really have an opinion on the ds ive played it and i think its fun..but about the wiis avalibility i would go to circuit city on the weekend or best by and then u WILL get one :cornut:

If you don't think you'll be able to get a Wii anytime soon, then be all means get a DS. Specifically a DSLite. There are some great games on the DS and more are coming!

i desided to get the ds lite it should come in the mail this wednesday... i think you should go buy one. from the research i did before i bought it... the ds has a great # offline and online games and there are tons of great games comming out... to list the biggest one that i could think of it would be spores...

fact form(this is for the DS Light vs the PSP)
-Brighter Screen
-2 screens
-longer battery life(then a psp lowest level brightness 19 hours)
-more kid oriented games
-Lots of great games are already out and still are coming like spores
-more compact
-better looking(then a PSP)

Last edited:
I say DS is better than Wii. At my job, I have lots of free time when it's slow, and I'd much rather be playing games than trying to make friends with "Random Lame Co-worker."

MysticGohan said:
i desided to get the ds lite it should come in the mail this wednesday... i think you should go buy one. from the research i did before i bought it... the ds has a great # offline and online games and there are tons of great games comming out... to list the biggest one that i could think of it would be spores...

fact form(this is for the DS Light vs the PSP)
-Brighter Screen
-2 screens
-longer battery life(then a psp lowest level brightness 19 hours)
-more kid oriented games
-Lots of great games are already out and still are coming like spores
-more compact
-better looking(then a PSP)

http://gear.ign.com/articles/599/599454p1.html

i got a ds lite last week after getting frustrated with the uk wait for wii games.

its pretty good, i dont think you'd regret it

if i were you i would wait for a bit, think about it, then get it, because the ds does have pretty cool stuff on it, wi-fi, internet, and if you do get the ds get Kirby squeak squad and kirby canvas curse. (to excellent games)

Back