Should i buy wii component cables?

Seaton

WiiChat Member
Feb 22, 2007
Wii Online Code
0749-7738-3016-4411
Should i buy em? Do they make much difference cos i got a HDTV so i wondered if i should buy some?

I thought the Wii wasnt HD?? Whats the point of having HD cables if the picture isnt HD. You need an HD picture coming from your source (Wii) to transfer a HD quality picture thru your HD cables in order to recieve an HD picture on your HDTV. Makes sense?

ye. so its not worth it?

would that give a better picture quality. But if it doesnt do much is it worth it?

It looks a whole lot better on my monitor with component as opposed to the default composite. Can't say about regular TVs though. While Wii isn't HDTV, the EDTV is good enough to warrant it I think, not to mention cables aren't all that expensive...

Componet Cables are absolutely worth it.It makes the picture brighter and sharper.It also helps with the sound if you play your game on surround sound.But for sure buy the HD cables for your wii.The Wii has HD capabilities and Nintendo will eventually bring out a chip to run it or it is even possible that a channel download could bring your wii its full power.But the wii does have the power to support HD TV its just a matter of nintendo updating the hardware.

I recently got composite cable for Wii to connect with my 32" LCD TV. It was totally worth it. Not only for the clearer image but for the smoother movement (due to progressive) too.

Last edited:
Yes get them. But be sure to get a name brand. dont go too cheap or too expensive on these. You'll notice the difference!!!

i have nothing new to add really, just to confirm that YES you SHOULD BUY THEM!! i bought them with the console, then a week later my component ports had issues in my monitor and i had to switch back to composite fora few days. it was HORRIBLE! I didnt realise how much sharper it was until then. I simply cannot play with composite.

why is everyone saying the Wii isn't HD? 480p IS HD, 480i is not... The Wii can display 480p

note: when you boot your Wii up for the first time go under setup -> screen -> tv resolution and you can choose between standard tv (480i) or EDTV/HDTV 480p

Last edited:
Back