Should i buy?

tupacisgod

WiiChat Member
Jul 24, 2007
canada
Hello.
I am considering buying a 360 to add to my collection. But i dont know if it will be worth my money. I am a really "hardcore" gamer and like playing online. I liked the xbox but had trouble with the controls for lots of games. So can you guys(and girls) post your comments on it. Thanks.
*Tyler McCulloch*

Thread you should check out:

http://www.wiichat.com/xbox-360/19158-thinking-buying-360-faq.html

If I were you I would suggest on picking up a Xbox 360 for several reasons. The first reason being is that recently there was a xbox 360 price drop here in Canada. Basically every Xbox 360 including the new Elite is now $100.00 off. The second reason as to why I suggest on purchasing the 360 is due to the fact that Halo 3, one of the most popular games for the xbox consoles, is going to be released sometime this fall. Finally the online play and menu have changed. Now you can play and download demos, gamer pictures, arcade games etc.

Indeed the 360 is a gamers console. Especially if you like online games, it should very much be a part of your collection. That's all I will throw at you since you can get the details from the link above. Oh, and welcome to the forum.

the 360 is gud! my bro has got one! i got a Wii instead of a PS3 - no regrets here though! am well happy!

You have to pay to go online though on the 360 as far as I am aware!

Well, if you like playing online, the XBox 360 is the best choice of the 3 7th generation consoles. Why? Because of XBox Live, a standard feature that comes with the XBox. XBox Live is the best option for online gaming, with some classic downloads and of course a great variety of games to choose from. I have not been disappointed with my 360 yet.

Syntax said:
Thread you should check out:

http://www.wiichat.com/xbox-360/19158-thinking-buying-360-faq.html

If I were you I would suggest on picking up a Xbox 360 for several reasons. The first reason being is that recently there was a xbox 360 price drop here in Canada. Basically every Xbox 360 including the new Elite is now $100.00 off. The second reason as to why I suggest on purchasing the 360 is due to the fact that Halo 3, one of the most popular games for the xbox consoles, is going to be released sometime this fall. Finally the online play and menu have changed. Now you can play and download demos, gamer pictures, arcade games etc.
****, that was tough, well not really, its just so hot here and just had my 360 on for like 5 hours playing bioshock demo and gears. ANYWAYS, the thing that was tough was updating the FAQ. improvements
-changed pricings
-got rid of the HUGEEE wall of text for accessories, it is now split up into sections and sub sections for each accessory.
-regular house-work.

one of the reaons that make it hard is that everytime you use bold/italic/underline, the scroll bar goes alllll the way to the top of the text then you gotta scroll back down..imagine it.

xbox live kicks a$$ if you like online gaming.
I own a 360, and don't do online gaming, yet love it anyway. So no matter what, I'd say go for it. But for online, xbox is definitely the way to go.

My must haves are going to be Halo 3, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect and COD4, the very first and very last are the only ones that apply for the online play you want, but all look like amazing titles.

Plus I'm adding a wii to my collection, and in my opinion, the Wii and 360 complement each other really well, in both looks and function, and all for the price of a PS3. If you've got the money, go for it! You can't lose. But be sure to play on a computer monitor or an hdtv, or you'll be missing out on half of the graphics potential.

Edit: the original xbox's controller sucked. So did the "small" one (the analog sticks were too high for comfort for me). The 360's controller feels wonderful, so no worries there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back