Should I get 360? Few questions.

Zori

Wii Owner Since Launch
Oct 31, 2006
Well I'm seriously thinking of getting a 360. I have a Wii and im content with it and it's still my favorite, but it seems not many great games are coming out. Right now I'm thinking about getting a 360, but I only got 700 bucks. The Pro 360 will run me 400, a game will be 60, 12 month xbox live will be 50, maybe another controller..50. That's already 560 add tax about 600. Then I can buy one more game, I want one of my games to be Oblivion for sure. I do have Gamefly and I can mix up games that I rent between Wii and 360, but I'm worried I won't have any $ for Wii games. Do you guys think it'll be worth it?

Also, what great games are there? I know Gears of War, Oblivion, and maybe GRAW, but what else?

One more question: I only have a wired router, can I connect the 360 to it with an ethernet cable?

If you plan on getting a lot of downloads from Xbox Live, I suggest the Premium pack. It comes with a 20GB Hard drive, which will cost you $100 alone, so add that with the Core pack and you get $400. I would just get Oblivion and try a bunch of games from GameFly. You can also buy a Wired Controller (which I strongly suggest, unless you plan on having your 360 far away from your seat) for $30. As for games, you might wanna try Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle-Earth 2 if you like LOTR and RTSs (I think that's what they're called). Yes, you can still hook up your 360 to your router. So, all I can say is this:

If you want memory, get Premium
Try games from GameFly (Suggesting LOTR: BFME2)
If you wanna get another controller, get a wired one
Yes you can hook it up to your router

I was thinking about getting a 360 but i thought really hard and long, games over here cost $120 EACH! and the premium pack costs $650 and pro $850 so i thought and thought and did some more for atleast 1 month before release, and ended up getting a thumpster (small motor bike) for $1000 instead!

I'd get Lost Planet, or Crackdown as the second game. There is an oblivion expansion coming out, and it'll cost a lot of microsoft points. So I'd consider picking up about 5000 points for the expansion, and all of the plug-ins out for Oblivion.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I forgot about Lost Planet and Crackdown...Saints Row is also cool if you like GTA.

if the router has plug in's on the back then yes. i do it all the time and get very fast downloads and speeeds.

yeah, its worth it to get a 360. i really like mine, and it has some very great games right now.

games you should get:
Oblivion
GoW
Crackdown
Sonic
Viva Pinata
Dead Rising
Lost Planet
and a few others

BiZZaRe said:
I was thinking about getting a 360 but i thought really hard and long, games over here cost $120 EACH! and the premium pack costs $650 and pro $850 so i thought and thought and did some more for atleast 1 month before release, and ended up getting a thumpster (small motor bike) for $1000 instead!
o........ dear.......... God

i feel soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad for you

120? are you freaking joking????

Thanks a lot everyone! I've pretty much made up my mind. Tomorrow I'm gonna spend all my money on:
Xbox Pro 400
Controller 50
Gears Of War 60
Oblivion 60
12 Month Xbox Live 50
=620
Add tax I figure about 670. Hope it's money well spent!

Wireless controllers are a bit overrated... Unless you're really far away from your Xbox when you're sitting down, you're better off with a wired controller. You get a Wireless with your Xbox anyway. But, oh well, that's just my two cents.

Zori said:
Thanks a lot everyone! I've pretty much made up my mind. Tomorrow I'm gonna spend all my money on:
Xbox Pro 400
Controller 50
Gears Of War 60
Oblivion 60
12 Month Xbox Live 50
=620
Add tax I figure about 670. Hope it's money well spent!
glad we could help =]
your getting 2 controllers? you dont have any real good multiplayer games yet, gears if okay on co-op but is a very short game, i suggest holding that off for now
if your getting the 12 month card its really 13 months, itll say 12+1 months!
p.s. itll be the best money youve ever spent on video games, no doubt about it
Wireless controllers are a bit overrated... Unless you're really far away from your Xbox when you're sitting down, you're better off with a wired controller. You get a Wireless with your Xbox anyway. But, oh well, that's just my two cents.
i think the complete opposite, i think next gen is about wireless, i dont like wires (they always tnagle themselves no matter how many times i wrap them around the controller) sure theyre not like omg the megaton, but i did get the $400 model, which came with a wireless, and im very ERR about having everything match and what not, so i bought another wireless =]

Last edited:
Thanks Sovieto, hey if I have 360 Live I'll be able to play Regular Xbox games online as well correct? By the way I love the quote in your sig :D

Zori said:
Thanks Sovieto, hey if I have 360 Live I'll be able to play Regular Xbox games online as well correct? By the way I love the quote in your sig :D
ha,
yes good question i will add to the fact
as far as im aware its a Yes (since i play halo sometimes online like many others do on their 360) but i want to do a little further research to make sure its all games to be safe ;)
edit: yes, you can play any previous xbox live enabled game online on the xbox 360:thumbsup:

oh, and i didnt relize it was you who i quoted xD

Last edited:
Back