Should i get a PS3 or 360...im still contimplating on which i should get!!

JAKE196 said:
20 gig ps3 $500? :wtf:

Well the 360 is probably the system to get right now, but it's so damn unreliable. . . I'm never getting one.
they solved the problem they have had with it by fixing the red ring of death for free. Also i have a launch 360 and it still is running smooth.

I've decided to get the following bundle: 40GB PS3 + Fifa 08 + HDMI cable, for £310. Then I'll purchase Assassin's Creed, an extra controller, and a double charge cable, making my total £375. Deal.

Actually if you go to Gamasutra.com you can read what a lot of programmers think of the consoles. Most outright pick the 360 as the best console to make games. When you sink millions of dollars into making a single game, it's all about the easiest way to make money.

That will change as the Wii and PS3 continue to sell units. The best advantage is to multiplatform. Expect this word used a lot during this console wars.

What hurts the PS3 is the cell processor, many programmers outright complain about it being too difficult to program on. You can't learn how to work the CPUs over night, and that hopefully will change in the future. Right now this is what's hurting Sony the most.

busterbry said:
they solved the problem they have had with it by fixing the red ring of death for free. Also i have a launch 360 and it still is running smooth.
If you call sending a console back for repairs usually multiple times 'solving the problem.'

busterbry said:
There is no way they have fixed it.But if you keep it out in the open and not let it over heat much ually it wont break(but that is not a fact)
And congrats on getting the 40gb ps3 you will really like it:yesnod:

wii maniac said:
There is no way they have fixed it.But if you keep it out in the open and not let it over heat much ually it wont break(but that is not a fact)
And congrats on getting the 40gb ps3 you will really like it:yesnod:
Are you stupid or something. They have fixed it. The falcon model fixes the red ring of death problem. It fixed the problem that caused the system to overheat and get the red ring of death. Than guy should have gotten a 360. Bioshock is way better than any game that is out on the ps3... that is until MGS4 comes out.

LiquidD said:
Are you stupid or something. They have fixed it. The falcon model fixes the red ring of death problem. It fixed the problem that caused the system to overheat and get the red ring of death. Than guy should have gotten a 360. Bioshock is way better than any game that is out on the ps3... that is until MGS4 comes out.

Unfortunately the new chipset still gets the RRoD.

nic7 said:
Those games are considered exclusives because they aren't on the PS3. So, if you wanted any of those games you couldn't purchase a PS3, you'd need a PC/360. (And a PC really doesn't count towards the Console Wars)

But I already listed in this thread the difference in The Orange Box versions.
Because here are the reviews for each:

360 Version

PS3 Version

And you can't call a system more friendly. I'm pretty sure an inanimate object can't be friendly. Also, Microsoft has solved the Red Rings of Death problem. So, that's no longer a valid argument.

Oh, and give me 1 exclusive PS3 title that has scored above 90% on average review. Because Bioshock, Mass Effect, Gears of War, and Halo 3 all have. And so has The Orange Box. Which like I said, is much better for the 360.
Lol, I know your only defending your box... but you gotta take it easy.

Had Bioshock on PC, same as Gears. Halo 3, is nothing special mate. Notice How 3 outta 4 games you listed as being the consoles best, were shooters? Wow, there's some diversity in there ey, can't believe all the diversity of the games listed, there all so different. [/sarcasm]

HAHA! Ring of death still exists. My cousin got one for Christmas, he brought it to my house and after 3 hours of playing we couldn't turn it back on. He cried, MS=losers. Although, it was a 32 degree day (celsius), could that have something to do with it.

If the game is on two different platforms, eg: pc and 360, that doesn't make it an exclusive. I'm getting Orange Box soon, so I'll see if it goes well or not.

I'm sure if you had a ps3 and I had a 360, we'd be arguing the other way round, but we're not.

Ok then, it's more personal. It caters for more people. Friendlier must have been a bad word.

It really comes down to what games you like. You'll see a whole new range of games flood the ps3 and 360 in a year or two. Just a matter of whether 360 hasn't used all it's big guns yet... cough"yes"cough

Lost Odyssy, however, looks quite good.

Had Bioshock on PC, same as Gears. Halo 3, is nothing special mate. Notice How 3 outta 4 games you listed as being the consoles best, were shooters

And... PS3 has better?

HAHA! Ring of death still exists. My cousin got one for Christmas, he brought it to my house and after 3 hours of playing we couldn't turn it back on. He cried, MS=losers.

Was probably manufactured before September.. before the falcons were put in.

LiquidD said:
No im not stupid
But the best games on the 360 GOW and Bioshock are now on the PC.And for the value BLU-RAY player built in for the ps3,HD player you have to buy seperate, 40gb hdd compared to only 20( i know you can get the elite).Dont get me wrong the 360 is a very good system just I belave the ps3 and WII is better.I dont want to be flamed for this this is just my opinion.

Last edited:
killik119 said:

Had Bioshock on PC, same as Gears. Halo 3, is nothing special mate. Notice How 3 outta 4 games you listed as being the consoles best, were shooters? Wow, there's some diversity in there ey, can't believe all the diversity of the games listed, there all so different. [/sarcasm]

HAHA! Ring of death still exists. My cousin got one for Christmas, he brought it to my house and after 3 hours of playing we couldn't turn it back on. He cried, MS=losers. Although, it was a 32 degree day (celsius), could that have something to do with it.

If the game is on two different platforms, eg: pc and 360, that doesn't make it an exclusive. I'm getting Orange Box soon, so I'll see if it goes well or not.

I'm sure if you had a ps3 and I had a 360, we'd be arguing the other way round, but we're not.

Ok then, it's more personal. It caters for more people. Friendlier must have been a bad word.

It really comes down to what games you like. You'll see a whole new range of games flood the ps3 and 360 in a year or two. Just a matter of whether 360 hasn't used all it's big guns yet... cough"yes"cough

dead rising, mass effect, too human, fable, forza?

Sovieto said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by killik119

Seriously
Not to mention upcoming Kingdom Under Fire, GOW2, Fable 2 and Turok

Yeah, Uncharted for one. It got ps3 game of the year on ign, where as 360 got COD4 as it's game of the year... a game that is on ps3.

I was annoyed that Virtua Fighter had online on the 360, seeing as it was released later on the 360. But it got rated higher for online, which is appropriate.

He got it for Christmas, so it had the new chipset. I haven't spoken to him since it happened, I hope the console is alright. I was looking forward to some more Gears and Mass Effect.

Come to think of it, the power went out the night before when we set it up. The powerboard it was connected to wasn't surge protected. Could this have damaged the 360? I live an unreliable area, where people have there air-cons going all day, really quite frustrating.

Sovieto said:

MGS:4, Metal Gear Solid Online, FF13, KH3, GT5 (Forza can't compete with this), Turok, Battlefield, DMC, Killzone 2? Those are off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Back