Should i get a PS3 or 360...im still contimplating on which i should get!!

JAKE196 said:
Unfortunately the new chipset still gets the RRoD.

I was curious about this myself and it wasn't hard to turn up several sites reporting a significant number of "Falcon" based 360's failing with a RRoD. It sounds like it's a decent decrease vs. the previous version, but still very high as consumer electronics go.

I see there's already a "Jasper" model in the works (according to a few sources) that will reduce the ATI GPU to 65nm (to match the main CPU's new 65nm tech).

killik119 said:
Lol, I know your only defending your box... but you gotta take it easy.

Had Bioshock on PC, same as Gears. Halo 3, is nothing special mate. Notice How 3 outta 4 games you listed as being the consoles best, were shooters? Wow, there's some diversity in there ey, can't believe all the diversity of the games listed, there all so different. [/sarcasm]

HAHA! Ring of death still exists. My cousin got one for Christmas, he brought it to my house and after 3 hours of playing we couldn't turn it back on. He cried, MS=losers. Although, it was a 32 degree day (celsius), could that have something to do with it.

If the game is on two different platforms, eg: pc and 360, that doesn't make it an exclusive. I'm getting Orange Box soon, so I'll see if it goes well or not.

I'm sure if you had a ps3 and I had a 360, we'd be arguing the other way round, but we're not.

Ok then, it's more personal. It caters for more people. Friendlier must have been a bad word.

It really comes down to what games you like. You'll see a whole new range of games flood the ps3 and 360 in a year or two. Just a matter of whether 360 hasn't used all it's big guns yet... cough"yes"cough

Lost Odyssy, however, looks quite good.

Bioshock really isn't a shooter. I would call it a first person rpg. (A very high amount of rpg elements)

And D1nner already pointed out the RROD thing. It probably was made before the falcons.. EDIT: There are reports of falcons not working. Interesting...

And, I guess we really aren't talking about exclusives in this case. We are talking about games that are on 360, but not on PS3. (Or Vise versa) And, no matter what you think, the 360 has a much better list of games that the PS3 doesn't have. (I pointed out the review thing, right?)

Yes, the PS3 does have a hell of a list of games coming out next year. (Which is why I plan on picking on up at the end of Summer 08) but right now the 360 is the better game console. And just a question.. You said the 360 has no variation in games, what variation does the PS3 have?

Top ten reviewed games on PS3:
1. Call of Duty 4 (93%)
2. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (93%)
3. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - Not on 360 (Just got up to 90%. So there is a PS3 exclusive at 90 now)
4. Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction -Not on 360 (89%)
5. Ninja Gaiden Sigma- Not on 360 (87%)
6. Resistance: Fall of man - Not on 360 (87%)
7. GRAW 2 (86%)
8. Virtua Fighter 5 (86%)
9. Skate- (86%)
10. NHL 08 (86%)

4 shooters
2 sports titles
2 action
1 fighter
1 platformer

Top Ten Reviewed Games on 360
1. The Orange Box (96%)
2. Bioshock- Not on PS3 (95%)
3. Call of Duty 4 (94%)
4. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (94%)
5. Gears of War- Not on PS3 (94%
6. Halo 3- Not on PS3 (94%)
7. Rock Band (93%)
8. Guitar Hero 2- Not on PS3 (On PS2 though) (92%)
9. Mass Effect- Not on PS3 (91%)
10. GRAW- Not on PS3 (There is a crappy version on PS2 though) (90%)

5 shooters
2 rhythm
3 Rpg/Adventure

Alright, in the top ten games, the PS3 does have more variety. Or so it seems. After looking at each consoles 11-20 best reviewed games...

PS3:

6 shooters
7 sports titles
2 action
1 fighter
1 platformer
1 Rhythm
2 racers

360:

7 shooters
2 rhythm
3 Rpg/Adventure
1 Fighter
1 platformer
1 sports
3 Racing
2 puzzle

So, of the 20 best for each console, the PS3 covers 7 genres, and the 360 covers 8. Actually, with 65% of the top reviewed PS3 titles being sports or shooters, I would go as far as saying that the 360 list is far more diverse. (Perspectively the wii has 11, and arguably 12)

(And as a side note, the 360 games all have better reviews than their PS3 counterparts)

And the whole friendly thing just sounded like you were saying that 360 followers are much worse than PS3 followers. Which is obviously untrue, I find both to be just as obnoxious..

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^^
Good read
But reamember that the ps3 is one year younger then the 360 and when it was first released people said it had bad games.But soon enough it will al level out:scared:

Yeah, and I'm sure by the end of 08 this will be a much different argument. (Or at least I hope so)

nic7 said:
Bioshock really isn't a shooter. I would call it a first person rpg. (A very high amount of rpg elements)

And D1nner already pointed out the RROD thing. It probably was made before the falcons.. EDIT: There are reports of falcons not working. Interesting...

And, I guess we really aren't talking about exclusives in this case. We are talking about games that are on 360, but not on PS3. (Or Vise versa) And, no matter what you think, the 360 has a much better list of games that the PS3 doesn't have. (I pointed out the review thing, right?)

Yes, the PS3 does have a hell of a list of games coming out next year. (Which is why I plan on picking on up at the end of Summer 08) but right now the 360 is the better game console. And just a question.. You said the 360 has no variation in games, what variation does the PS3 have?

Top ten reviewed games on PS3:
1. Call of Duty 4 (93%)
2. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (93%)
3. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - Not on 360 (Just got up to 90%. So there is a PS3 exclusive at 90 now)
4. Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction -Not on 360 (89%)
5. Ninja Gaiden Sigma- Not on 360 (87%)
6. Resistance: Fall of man - Not on 360 (87%)
7. GRAW 2 (86%)
8. Virtua Fighter 5 - [STRIKE]Not on 360 [/STRIKE] Its on the 360..saw the reviews (86%)
9. Skate- (86%)
10. NHL 08 (86%)

4 shooters
2 sports titles
2 action
1 fighter
1 platformer

Top Ten Reviewed Games on 360
1. The Orange Box (96%)
2. Bioshock- Not on PS3 (95%)
3. Call of Duty 4 (94%)
4. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (94%)
5. Gears of War- Not on PS3 (94%
6. Halo 3- Not on PS3 (94%)
7. Rock Band (93%)
8. Guitar Hero 2- Not on PS3 (On PS2 though) (92%)
9. Mass Effect- Not on PS3 (91%)
10. GRAW- Not on PS3 (There is a crappy version on PS2 though) (90%)

5 shooters
2 rhythm
3 Rpg/Adventure

Alright, in the top ten games, the PS3 does have more variety. Or so it seems. After looking at each games 11-20 best reviewed games...

PS3:

6 shooters
7 sports titles
2 action
1 fighter
1 platformer
1 Rhythm
2 racers

360:

7 shooters
2 rhythm
3 Rpg/Adventure
1 Fighter
1 platformer
1 sports
3 Racing
2 puzzle

So, of the 20 best for each console, the PS3 covers 7 genres, and the 360 covers 8. Actually, with 65% of the top reviewed PS3 titles being sports or shooters, I would go as far as saying that the 360 list is far more diverse. (Perspectively the wii has 11, and arguably 12)

(And as a side note, the 360 games all have better reviews than their PS3 counterparts)

And the whole friendly thing just sounded like you were saying that 360 followers are much worse than PS3 followers. Which is obviously untrue, I find both to be just as obnoxious..
Had to fix that one in BOLD for you:yesnod:

nic7 said:
My mistake. I knew that too. It's number 11 on 360. Weird that i did that.
Yea..i just had to get that little flaw right there....you already knew anyway, but what im pissed about is the fact that...on 360, you have to pay alot of money just to play online.....i wish it was free like the other systems

Yeah, I can see it being free eventually. Especially with the way the PS3 online is coming along. I think if Nintendo ever gets it's online off the ground, (Can't see this happening in the foreseeable future) Microsoft will almost have to make online free.

Which would be great....b/c in that time..."if that ever happens....*whispers:it wont happen anytime soon...proably when im 80?!?* ill have a 360!!

Thats the main reason i dont have one right now.....THe Online is what im gawking for....but i cant seem to have it b/c of the price@

Well done Nic, well done indeed. I would still say that PS3 has more variety, seeing as sport games range from skating to wrestling to golf, all of which have there own sub-gender in the search function on ign. This is arguable, ofcourse.

Do note that games developers have had a year to work with the 360, we'll see multi-platform games with graphics just as good as the 360 version on ps3 in about a year.

All except one game in the exclusives of the top ten are shooters. Just puttin it out there.

Good argument, nic. However, I'm sorry to say it wont change my views. Like any other console owner, personal experience is the only way to sway an oppinion.

I'm kinda in the same boat as you. Both of them have their positives and negatives and you'll probably enjoy both either way, but two factors really sway my money in the direction of the PS3.

1. is free online, $50 for xbox live is not unreasonable, but that's almost a price of a game. You don't even need online to enjoy some incredible games that only use one player. (Although PSN might charge sooner or later for more advanced features...)
2. is the cost vs. reliability. If you do hookup your Xbox 360 online, you're going to have to not only purchase live, but an expensive wireless adapter as well. And if you're going to watch HD movies, you going to have to purchase a $200 addition. (Bluray comes with PS3-also happens to be winning in the hi-def dvd player battle) Not to mention the failure rate of the machines. I have plenty of friends who have gone mad over the number of times they have had to send their 360s to get repaired. I've never heard of anyone's PS3 failing (because no one I know owns one.... haha...)

Games for both are relatively the same, depending on which exclusives you prefer. Don't worry about the graphics, the wii has the best of the 3.

At the end of it all though, it really is your choice (already pointed out by the last wiichater), but I think I'll be going with the PS3.

Good luck.

Ive been swaying over to the ps3 side for a long time, but im being stopped by the good games on 360....and the graphics on it are amazing compared to ps3....although, it just came out this last year!!!

This year, i know there will be a huge difference from this year to last year.....The PS3 is going to do it BIG!!

Yeah, ps3 being just a pup makes it vulnerable to graphics sledging. Ps3 will undoubtedly have better graphics and faster gameplay it's coming years. Alot of ports and multi-platformers have a trouble with framerate on the ps3. We'll see this change next year, framerate will no longer be a problem.

nic great post. Went over some great facts, and it reminds me that ill have to buy another system next year if i want to enjoy all the great games out there. I love my 360, i love my new wii, but with a couple games coming to the ps3 next year i cant deny them.

Back