Should I get a Wii?

Shoko said:
on the wii con, u put graphics.
1. the graphics arent bad. look at Twilight Princess, Smash Bros Brawl, Metroid 3, and Project HAMMER. They look hella good
u also put not too many great games yet
2. theres enough games to keep u busy till they do come out. and plus, if theres great games comin out later, u might as well buy a wii and wait for those games

I know the graphics aren't bad, but they also aren't on the same level as the 360 or ps3. Personally i don't care (ff7 is a favorite of mine despite it's ancient state), but to some people the difference might matter.

on the games thing... i know what you mean, and i agree, but some might not. If you want a baseball game right now, get the ps3. If you want an epic shooter right now, get the ps3. But if you want to play zelda, mario party, etc., and wait for all those other games... get the wii. that's what im doing.

i really don't think i made it sound like the wii was only for multiplayer. It has great games for both single players (zelda, paper mario) and multiple players (MP8, Warioware). I didn't mean to imply in any way that it was all multiplayer, i just meant to imply that it does multiplayer better. My family loves the wii, which is something that wouldnt happen with a PS3

Last edited:
paintba||er said:

I would put the family oriented in the cons. All it does is cause problems by not letting us play online, having to use stupid friend codes, and not having many mature games.

if you noticed, you dont need FCs to play online (like chargers). And family orientation is one of the drives pushing the Wii sales up.

If you were considering a PS3, you may not be happy with the Wii. If you're the type of gamer that loves to see the newest, most powerful game engines, along with top of the line graphics, then you'll want to lead toward the PS3. If you can live without those top-notch graphics, then you may want to give the Wii a try.

Edit: I almost forgot, if you're really into online gaming, you may want to wait to see how the Wii handles that, before you make the commitment to the Wii.

still dosent matter if the wii's graphics are on the same level >_>. graohics dont matter. super nintendo was fun as hell lol.

and ?Wii?, if u buy a wii over the PS3, u would save $350, and u could use that to buy wiimotes and nunchucks and all the other games and wii point cards and classic controllers and gas=mecube controllers and everything, so gettin a wii over the ps3 would mean u could use that money u wouldve spent on a ps3, toward the wii

Shoko said:
still dosent matter if the wii's graphics are on the same level >_>. graohics dont matter. super nintendo was fun as hell lol.

and ?Wii?, if u buy a wii over the PS3, u would save $350, and u could use that to buy wiimotes and nunchucks and all the other games and wii point cards and classic controllers and gas=mecube controllers and everything, so gettin a wii over the ps3 would mean u could use that money u wouldve spent on a ps3, toward the wii

these are personal opinions of yours though. I dont think the person who started this thread should care whether you like graphics or not (no offense), i think he should make up his own mind using a pro/con type thing. He needs to decide if the price diff. is worth it, and our opinions really shouldnt influence him to do something he doesnt want to do.

Ps...not to be unoriginal and repeat everyone else...but the wii60 idea really is a good one.

Yeah sorry about asking about the Wii in a Wii forum, but I only did that because everybody here has one and I wanted to know if they liked it or if they think it's not worth it.

I'm definately getting a PS3, because of MGS4 and other great games. I'm just saying, should I get a Wii for now so I won't be bored until the good games come out for the PS3.

Well, like paintballer said, it's obvious that asking this question on a Wii forum, every answer will be yes. It depends. I base my system on the games and game genres. On the Wii, I find the light, colorful, energetic atmosphere to my liking. However, someone else may like the more serious and realistic atmosphere, so they'd get a PS3 or 360. I want games like Warioware, Super Paper Mario, Wii Sports, etc. which are more fantasy-like, as opposed to Resistance: Fall of Man, which is more lifelike. So, it is basically up to you. But asking this qusetion on this forum won't get you anywhere. Good luck deciding.

EDIT: Oh, so you're going to get a PS3 either way. Well, I definetly think it's worth it, as does 95% of the population on this board does.

Hi all,

I’m new to the forum, and I have just need one question answered to make my decision of buying or not a Nintendo wii…
I’ve had loads of consoles in the past, pretty much a new one each year. Master system, mega drive, Snes, Sega Saturn, Playstation 1 and 2, N64, Game Cube… but it has been a while since I bought my last console (Game Cube) and I was very disappointed with the graphics on my TV (32” HDTV) so I decided to stick with pc.
I have some of the latest games and all looks good at the native resolution of 1366x768 but I want a wii, I actually bought one last Saturday and returned it 10 minutes after, I didn’t even tried it! (I know, IDIOT!) I really want to go back and buy it again but my problem is getting home, set it all up and then realise the graphics are bad… are they? Does it look that bad on an HDTV? I know its not a PS3 or a 360, won’t have 1080p or 720p….. but where is this console going in the future, we’ve seen the Xbox releasing a new firmware to support a higher resolution but can that happen with the wii?

HELP ME DECIDE…. Should I just stay with the PC or should I get a wii….

Thanks!

Depends what you want. If your about software and graphics get a PS3, because of their blue ray (a steal in blue ray players, normally they got a 1k or more) and their blue tooth and so much more, but if your all about game play, get a Wii. I have a 360 and Wii and I got bored playing Oblivion, called gamestop and they had one and I ran my a** over there and my mom got there right after work and bought it. I couldn't stop playing it. Wii is great, but it's your call on what you want, because it depends on what your about. PS3 probably will drop, so you might want to take that into consideration.

SatDude said:
Hi all,

I’m new to the forum, and I have just need one question answered to make my decision of buying or not a Nintendo wii…
I’ve had loads of consoles in the past, pretty much a new one each year. Master system, mega drive, Snes, Sega Saturn, Playstation 1 and 2, N64, Game Cube… but it has been a while since I bought my last console (Game Cube) and I was very disappointed with the graphics on my TV (32” HDTV) so I decided to stick with pc.
I have some of the latest games and all looks good at the native resolution of 1366x768 but I want a wii, I actually bought one last Saturday and returned it 10 minutes after, I didn’t even tried it! (I know, IDIOT!) I really want to go back and buy it again but my problem is getting home, set it all up and then realise the graphics are bad… are they? Does it look that bad on an HDTV? I know its not a PS3 or a 360, won’t have 1080p or 720p….. but where is this console going in the future, we’ve seen the Xbox releasing a new firmware to support a higher resolution but can that happen with the wii?

Thanks!
it supports 480p which is the bare minimum for HD
its hardly something you want to get to take advantage of your hdtv
i suggest getting a 360, up to 1080p, you can buy $200 hddvd player, and you can rent HD shows and movies, its the ultimate console to use your hdtv to its greatest potiental
btw the graphics for the most part are nothing better than gamecube, they will get better, but not much over gamecube at all, its a gamecube 1.5 in graphic terms

SatDude said:
Hi all,

Thanks!
If you want something with good graphics get a PS3 or a 360. Everyone on here will say to get a Wii because gameplay is more important that graphics, which is true, but there is more to gameplay than just some controller with motion sensing, which PS3 also has.
@Close: Cheaper definitely doesn't mean better.

Back