Should i get a wii.

Randomer

WiiChat Member
Jan 11, 2008
Hi, well i'm new here (to the forum) though i have been circulating around other wii forums and gathering info on the wii but i just want to know your opinion on whether i should get a wii in my situation.

Well, i'm a 360 gamer with live and mainly play online , i love shooting games (Halo, COD 4 .etc) and when my birthday is coming up, i'm getting a laptop though i should have enough spare cash to buy a wii.

So should i?

wow sort of a stupid question. youre answer is just going to be yes or, what games are you into?

^Thats not very nice

No one can decide that for you lol. Being a 360 player who plays online, you might be disappointed, because the greatest games right now don't have
guns/master chief:wink:

But, if you like Mario, or Zelda, or Metroid... Then I would. And when more shooters come out, it has nice controls for it. MoH H2 is decent, and its really the only online game right now.

Yes, get a wii, online gaming is really picking up right now:

*Tenkaichi 3 (Crazy fast paced fighting game) - coming out in UK
*Mario strikers charged football (football) - Already out
*Umbrella Chronicles/Resident Evil 4, niether online but both very good games, and will keep you occupied for a while
*Ghost recon (arcade style) - not online but can have upto 4 players on 1 screen
*MOH heroes 2, (self Explanatory) - Online, upto 32 players on a map too, insane innit? Coming out next month UK 08 feb!

There's many more, these are just a few of my highlighted favourates!

if you live in US then MOH Heroes 2 is already out, and i believe so in Canada also. It has great online, and judging by what youve said, you'll enjoy it.
There are many other games also like:

Battalion Wars 2 with online Co-op, online assault, and online skirmish. All of these are 1 on 1.

Metroid Prime 3:Corruption, it isnt online, but really fun with the Wii's controls.

MarioStrikers Charged is an online hardcore soccer game. Very fun.

Super Mario Galaxy, no online but amazingly fun.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is an awesome game and definitely worth it. No online though.

What sux is that theres no voice chat... We're hoping to see it in the future though.

19.72M sold WOW... I mean they are a week away from 20 million sold!
WOW!

If you like Bionic commando go here and make some noise and send some email FOR a 2d version!

Oh And yes get one and if you don't like it you can sell it for more. Now what console thanks you for your purchase like that? Plus too If you liked the Neo geo games back in the day just know the VC games has like 5 of them right now along with other hardcore fixes. You should really play one! Hell play res evil 4 Wiimake and you'll see what I mean.

If VGcharts is to be believed the Wii is starting to become the elephant in the room when publishers start talking about what platform they should make games for next. It's going to be hard to ignore a number OVER 20 million in less than 2 years. If things keep up the pace we will be looking at 40 million next jan.

Oh yeah you should get a Wii!

Last edited:
Singhson said:
Yes, get a wii, online gaming is really picking up right now:

*Tenkaichi 3 (Crazy fast paced fighting game) - coming out in UK
*Mario strikers charged football (football) - Already out
*Umbrella Chronicles/Resident Evil 4, niether online but both very good games, and will keep you occupied for a while
*Ghost recon (arcade style) - not online but can have upto 4 players on 1 screen
*MOH heroes 2, (self Explanatory) - Online, upto 32 players on a map too, insane innit? Coming out next month UK 08 feb!

There's many more, these are just a few of my highlighted favourates!

do u mean ghost squad

wii is the best, but if you are a "gamer".....xbox360 and online and so on......then you might love it or you might not!!

if you want something similar to the 360, same style, the answer is no...
but IF you like fun, playing with friends and exercising, then the answer is YES..... ;P

Wii is really lacking online game and shooters. It does make up for it in other aspects but if you are a large shooter fan and love online games.. You might want to wait about 6 months until buying one. Although Wii is really good value for money and are still hard to get, so it's really up to you. Another good thing about Wii is the online capabilities are 100% free apart from VC games. But at the moment it is missing voice chat.

I think that with the type of games you are saying you like to play, you might not enjoy the Wii as much as some of us.

With me (I'm thinking of getting a 360) I like the Mario games, and find the Wii very fun, espcecially with friends. The only reason I want the 360 is for the more "hardcore" games like Halo, Bioshock, etc. But I enjoy playing all types of games, thats why I want both.

But if you only like that certain kind of game, then both consoles may not be for you.

Dunno..if you're into tryin new things for new experiences I'd say go for getting a wii. If not, then you ='d be better off coppin a ps3 or jus stickin wit 360

Well i was playing Red Steel over in me cousins house for lik an hour and really enjoyed it.

Back