Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Should i get a wii

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by coolkenny, Feb 7, 2010.

1. coolkenny

coolkenny WiiChat Member

so i have had a 360 for close to 1 n half year.im going to sell it off because im done with the 360 . dont get me wrong i love my 360 to bits but with work and studies i dont have time ... anyways im thinking of getting a wii . should i ?i mean i have heard stories as recent as developers are concentrating more on 360 and ps3 and less on wii . tht means lesser games for wii . and the games library is pretty small now right ? so please pour ur advice on me :)

2. skidmarx

skidmarx semi-pro thumb jockey

Wii Friend Code: 5556-6677-7123-4567
    5556-6677-7123-4567
    gosh with monster hunter tri coming out soon it would be a good time to buy a wii. I wouldn't sell the 360 though with ff13 and fable 3 on the way.

3. FoxRox

FoxRox Sizzler

Wii Friend Code: 1229-2023-7316-8799
    1229-2023-7316-8799
    If you do not have time to play your 360, what makes you think you'll have time to play a Wii?

4. Shadow*91

Shadow*91 Not Here

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0000
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    agreed.

still though, rather than selling your 360, why not just save up and get a Wii? its a good system but personally its best to have a PS3/360 and a Wii. that way, you don't miss out on anything but the exclusives to the one you don't have. you'll get the great 360 games and you can get the great Wii games.
    so if you ever get the time to devote to gaming then a Wii is a great choice, i just wouldn't sell a 360 for it.

5. daisyJ27

daisyJ27 Angel Of Chaos

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0000
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    yea buy it but since your always busy you probably wont have time to play I doubt you will open it

6. jhawk

jhawk WiiChat Member

I just bought my wii a month ago, having played it at the kids home a number of times...yes, I am OLD ... but, I enjoy the sports and exercise I get from the wii. Sure, I am a gamer too..I may get one of the new games out...but, for pure moving enjoyment, I think wii is hard to beat. The kids have wii, & ps3...unless the $$ is an issue...keep ps and get the wii for the diversitified use.

7. WiiFlix

WiiFlix WiiChat Member

How are you going to ask if you should get a wii, on a wii forum??? lol

Dude its a great "investment". But you might make a couple trips to the hospital if you pplay like these guys....

Wii accidents

8. akubokawii

akubokawii WiiChat Member

You shouldn't need to ask if you should get one, honestly switching from a ps3 or a 360 will make your eyes hurt

9. WiiAssasin

WiiAssasin The ride never ends

Wii Friend Code: 7912-1706-4691-2520
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    No, don't buy a Wii.You should get a PS3. They're cheaper now and have great games.

10. WiiFlix

WiiFlix WiiChat Member

People who own Nintendo Wii's don't necessarily buy it for the graphics. The PS3 and Xbox kill the Wii when it comes to graphics.

BUT.... The Wii is by far the most addictive one of the three. Not only is it addictive, but when you have a group of friends over, it's 10X more fun than xbox or PS3.

Is Wii Better Than PS3?
    Is Wii Better Than Xbox?

11. jhawk

jhawk WiiChat Member

Wii Tennis

Since I bought my Wiiiiiii I have had a blast ! I play tennis, bowling,
    baseball batting practice (dont care for the game play), boxing & golf..on Wii Sports...on Wii Sports Resort, I play table tennis, basketball, jousting, canoeing, frisbee and there more which I have not had time to play. Since I am a senior citizen..I am going for the games which are active and truly enjoy them. The grandkids have Wii, PS3 & XBox which is fine for them.
    Any adult who is considering purchasing a Wii...I recommend you do so, then use it ! In addition, last week I bought EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis..that is a real challenge !:yesnod:

12. akubokawii

akubokawii WiiChat Member

I disagree, I have a wii and a 360, playing online or at home with friends is more fun in my opinion. However, I love playing brawl and new super Mario bros with family.

13. Marth101

Marth101 Respect the Tiara

Wii Friend Code: 2257-8572-4114-2660
    2257-8572-4114-2660
    The PS3/360 lead towards the "hardcore" gamer (which is mostly online play). The Wii is more for the casual gamer.

I have PS3/Wii and both of them are good consoles.

Honestly, I would just stick with the 360, rather than getting a Wii. (But that's just me)

14. Ryker

Ryker WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 1814-6552-7090-6518
    1814-6552-7090-6518
    If you have no time for your 360, why bother with a Wii?
    I have a PS3 and now a Wii!

I personally like both. If I were you, I'd just save up and buy a Wii, or just not bother at all if they'll just be dust collectors.

15. bencrawfor

bencrawfor WiiChat Member

yeah, that's what I like about wii - it takes my butt off my seat. before I'm a lazy player, im sitting on my couch playing xbox or psp all day.. but when i got my wii, holy cow, it's amazing. I tried all the fun games and I got active.. then thats when i realized that i didnt have to go to the gym.. haha :sick:

16. jhawk

jhawk WiiChat Member

I have owned my Wiiiiii since January...Miiii n my Wiiiii are a great combination. Being a senior citizen, I have been through all of the exercise
    routines throughout my life. I can honestly say I enjoy and look forward to my Wiiiii play daily. I allot at least 2 hours a day to my Wii workout...which includes Wii Sports, tennis, bowling batting practice and boxing practice..then I do the Fit Challenge ... I move on to Wii Sports Resort where I do Sword Play and Table Tennis and some of the other sports...those 2 are my primary interest...I move on the Wii Fit Plus (just had this 3 weeks)...using the Balance Board I do my profile and checkin.
    I am not into Yoga, but try a couple of those...do a couple of the aerobics...my favorite portion, so far, of Fit Plus is the walking and stepping and anything which requires me to use both arms...and do the skiing and bike riding.
    Having done all of those options numerous times...I, then, go to Grand Slam Tennis and play against all the big name tennis players of the world.
    So...having said all this...ALL I CAN SAY TO ANY OF YOU WHO THINK WII IS LAME OR NOT FUN...you are playing the wrong venue...if all you want to do is sit on the couch and play all those fantastic life-like games..go ahead...IF YOU WANT TO MOVE AND LOSE WEIGHT AND GET FIT...buy a WII AND USE IT !! Do not let it set on the shelf and gather dust. :lovewii::yesnod:

17. bencrawfor

bencrawfor WiiChat Member

yeah you're right man. let's get movin!