should i get the nintendo wifi thing

jhaimi

WiiChat Member
Dec 23, 2006
ny
Wii Online Code
5064-9503-9014-8845
my computer is right next to the tv so should i buy the nintendo wifi thing

well do u have wireless dsl now?? cuz it would be useless to get one then well if u have wired dsl u should juss buy a router that way u can use the wireless for other things i.e. psp ds wii and stuff lol

If you get a Wireless Router other Laptops in your house could connect too.

If you get the Wifi thingy. Only the Wii can pick it up.

So if you have other Laptops that you want to go online with get a Wireless Router (Laptops have to be Wifi like a Wii otherwise you'll have to get separate USB's for them)

But yeah

- Laptops - Router
- Just Wii - Wifi USB

Well, the Nintendo product is only about 30 to 40 dollars US. I really didn't want to set up a whole wireless system at a cost of a few hundred dollars and the hassle of setting up this and that and uploading and downloading this and that driver. And my kids only use wireless to play DS games so it was a good choice for me. When we got the Wii it was a pleasant surprise that the company had the foresight to make everything backward compatible and relatively user friendly -- so the USB connector came in handy once again.

I didn't have any trouble connecting the Wii through the USB connector once I disabled the firewall specific to the USB connection through the PC's network connections panel. If you don't do that, you get a 32004 error, or at least I did.

Yea, stick with the wireless router, my brother bought the usb adapter and it takes too long to download contents, even if it does get the job done, the amount of time it does take it to download was not worth it he told me, so he went ahead and bought a wireless router. Definetly a better improvement, but of course, the only downside is just getting it working properly and spending a little extra on it, worth it in the long run though if you ever get any other wireless connection electronics.

was thinkin about a router but then saw the usb adaptor for $40 so i just got that. connected up fine even though my computer is about 6-8m away.
it is a tad slow though, it took about 30-50 minutes for the first 2 channel updates, but i just chucked it on and had some lunch while i waited.

Back