Should I get the Wii?

Eric

Wii would like to play
Sep 9, 2006
Wii Online Code
5126-5415-9694-6362
Well, I've been "thinking" I love gaming for years, I have a Ds, GC, Xbox, Ps2, N64, SNES etc. But, I really never play that often. I have a short attention span when it comes to gaming. Games like Halo, Gta, etc really bore me, but games like Metroid Prime wifi really don't. I've spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on games, but most games I get bored of very quickly. Some games I really enjoy and don't bore me though. A few weeks ago I thought it was I just never liked Ps2 and xbox type games (Shooting and similar) and that I like nintendo games better (Mario and similar) so I traded in my psp and got a ds, and I have Mario Kart, New Super Mario Bros and Metroid Prime, and so far I love it. I think its Nintendo type games I really enjoy, but im not really sure. Have any of you had my experience? I'm just confused whether I should get the Wii and continue gaming, or if I will get bored of it and waste the money (I Have enough for the Wii and a game or two, I just don't know if its a waste)

with everyone new console, one fact remains the same --- the control method, nintendo will release a completely new way to play games...

i think you have got used to the way games work, the wii will make things different... i would say before you take the plunge, try out a wii...

i'm sure you'll experience the difference

Okay, I was thinking that too... Its just $300+ Is a lot of money, so I dont know for sure.

It's a lot more for a 360 or PS3. If you're going to spend money on a console, it might as well be the cheapest and most interesting one. Can't go wrong with Nintendo.

yeah man i got your same problem n im in your boat .. but ive been waiting for many many years for a new nintendo to kick ass .. plus if you dont like the wii itself you get SNES NES and N64 all in one .. lol its a good buy man no questions asked

I guess so :)

yeah i think for me is that when i play ps2 games they ahve a darker look to them same with the psp games before i sold it lol... so i have my DS and games whioch i love for it so i dont have to strain to see the colors and whatnot... nintendo FTW

well, it sounds from your opening paragraph, that you already decided you do want the wii, you just wanted to hear it from us. If you're bored with the convention gaming styles of xbox and playstation, and have always loved nintendo games...then wii is the obvious choice. First of all, they've completely switched up the controls, (which im sure you already know) and its obviously from nintendo, and you can get all old nintendo games too...

so whats not to love?..

(oh btw, my answer is yes)

If you are interested by Nintendo games, then get the Wii, since it is made by Nintendo. =P You kinda made up your mind already, from selling your PSP to buy a DS. Why not sell all the systems you are bored with, so you are able to buy the Wii? Trust me, you will NOT get bored with it, since it's very VERY fun... I think...

it all depend what you looking for in a game.

me personaly im very attracted to the wii and currently play ps2.

Okay, Thanks everyone :D I think ill get it :)

Does anyone know of a place in the US that has preorders? (Amazon, Bestbuy, Circuit city, etc, not like lik-sang)

littleflipper said:
that same for me. but i am gonna get the wii. btw is wii sports multiplayer?

Local multiplayer, yes, but at the cost of first party controllers, I'd only buy an additional Wiimote and wait for third party controllers to come out.

Back