Should I keep it?

metalfreak

THE Beast
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
Wii Online Code
2856-3740-5359-2869
i know for a fact one of my presents for xmas is Mario Strikers Charged.

that being said, should I:

a) keep it
b) return it before its opened to get full credit

pretty simple choices, i am aching for some good online play and played a demo of the first mario striker on gamecube at walmart like a few times when it first came out and thought it was interestingly fun for the most part. i loved moh: h2 mostly for its online play. I like madden's online but there are some annoying lag issues, but i like it mainly for franchise.

so should i keep it? is it really THAT fun and intense? or would i be better suited getting something like super mario galaxy (im an only child here, 17, so for the most part i play video games by myself when i have nothing better to do or multiplayer online when i can or splitscreen with friends)

so also is splitscreen good? im just not sure really about this game...

i really want it cuz i want some good online (ive heard good things) but at the same time im not sure it has that lasting appeal to make me keep comin back like other sports game (*cough* madden *cough*)

SUGGESTIONS?

It gets old, quick, IMO. It depends, do you own any other current-gen consoles, and what games do you have for your Wii?

ssbb_lover said:
It gets old, quick, IMO. It depends, do you own any other current-gen consoles, and what games do you have for your Wii?

i have a ps2, gamecube games and my wii (pc too but it blows)

wii games = Wii Sports, Manhunt 2 and Madden 2008; confirmed for xmas for sure: Wii Zapper (& crossbow), Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 and Strikers Charged

i can tell you my other games for ps2/gamecube if it helps to know my tastes i guess but know this: the reason i even wanted strikers was b/c of online and maybe splitscreen...i dont plan on wasting away hours in front of my tv with single player like i do with madden (love my cowboys)

1) This game has virtually no lag. Madden 08 online was bad...that's all there is to it. I have both games (madden 08 and Strikers), and I can easily say that Strikers' online is superior by far. It's really surprising, even, considering Madden 08 is the only online Wii game that doesn't use friend codes.

2) This game does not have splitscreen. You both share the same screen, and half the field is easily covered on-screen at any given time. Off screen players are shown via arrows. You've played the demo...it looks no different than that when you play against a friend.

3) Multiplayer in Strikers is fun. If you're an only child, you can easily find plenty to enjoy out of its online component. 4-player matches are insane, though. I don't play 1v1's nearly as much as I try to find a friend to play 2v2's online (you have 2 wiimotes on your side of the tv to play another team online. You can't just connect to a teammate online, unfortunately). 2v2 live play (as in all 4 people sitting on your couch) is just as fun and adds to some of the hilarity, but it's not exactly easy finding 4 people willing to play that can put up a decent match.

Some statistics to throw at you: I bought Madden 07 when I first got my Wii in January, Madden 08 and Mario Strikers Charged at the same time in August (on Madden's launch day), and Super Mario Galaxy a few days after it came out.

Madden 07: 90+ hours invested
Madden 08: 8 hours invested. 1 quarter of an online match with a friend (got sick of the lag before you throw).
Mario Strikers Charged: Almost 40 hours invested to date.
Super Mario Galaxy: Roughly 15 hours invested.

I'm not necessarily done with SMG, but while it is one of those "must-haves" for the Wii, Strikers is definitely a very fun game if you feel like you need another title with an online multiplayer component. If it weren't for Guitar Hero 3, I'd still be playing Strikers in my free time.

Well, I would keep it. Your only other option is BWII. So, it depends if you want an action packed sports title or a very fun strategy-third person shooter that is a bit lacking on the story mode. But, it's your choice. (I've got both, and enjoy them both)

vi3tmix said:
1) This game has virtually no lag. Madden 08 online was bad...that's all there is to it. I have both games (madden 08 and Strikers), and I can easily say that Strikers' online is superior by far. It's really surprising, even, considering Madden 08 is the only online Wii game that doesn't use friend codes.

2) This game does not have splitscreen. You both share the same screen, and half the field is easily covered on-screen at any given time. Off screen players are shown via arrows. You've played the demo...it looks no different than that when you play against a friend.

3) Multiplayer in Strikers is fun. If you're an only child, you can easily find plenty to enjoy out of its online component. 4-player matches are insane, though. I don't play 1v1's nearly as much as I try to find a friend to play 2v2's online (you have 2 wiimotes on your side of the tv to play another team online. You can't just connect to a teammate online, unfortunately). 2v2 live play (as in all 4 people sitting on your couch) is just as fun and adds to some of the hilarity, but it's not exactly easy finding 4 people willing to play that can put up a decent match.

Some statistics to throw at you: I bought Madden 07 when I first got my Wii in January, Madden 08 and Mario Strikers Charged at the same time in August (on Madden's launch day), and Super Mario Galaxy a few days after it came out.

Madden 07: 90+ hours invested
Madden 08: 8 hours invested. 1 quarter of an online match with a friend (got sick of the lag before you throw).
Mario Strikers Charged: Almost 40 hours invested to date.
Super Mario Galaxy: Roughly 15 hours invested.

I'm not necessarily done with SMG, but while it is one of those "must-haves" for the Wii, Strikers is definitely a very fun game if you feel like you need another title with an online multiplayer component. If it weren't for Guitar Hero 3, I'd still be playing Strikers in my free time.

thanks a ton, that was the kinda post i was waiting for, one that actually answered my questions in comparison to the information i presented and

NOTE: madden 08 online is god awful but i love franchise mode and enjoy playing madden with friends at my side...nothing like playing a little madden to settle an arguments or competition on whos right lol

i probably will keep it afterall

o and fyi madden 08 is NOT the only game that doesnt use FC, medal of honor heroes 2 uses the exact same EA nation setup madden does, u can veen use the same persona, and its lag-less, check it out, great online

nic7 said:
Well, I would keep it. Your only other option is BWII. So, it depends if you want an action packed sports title or a very fun strategy-third person shooter that is a bit lacking on the story mode. But, it's your choice. (I've got both, and enjoy them both)

its likely ill be getting BW 2 as well, becuz the wii zapper and mario strikers charged were not near the top of my list of xmas wants and seeing as to how ive gotten both of those and the fact that msc isnt exactly a cheap and quick extra-present and i got it id like to think i got some of my upper listed ideas as well (bw 2, mp3c, among others)

thanks for the info tho

Back