Should I replace My 360?

rofljeff

WiiChat Member
Jun 19, 2007
I just bought my 360 3 days ago and when I was playing with it it froze. Also I think something chipped off on the inside of it because when i tilt it i hear something inside it moving. Should I bring it back for a replacement?

my bro just got one and his freezes too its brand new!
Its your call do it if it makes you feel better or happier........

It sounds like something is chipped though o.o
Edit: Yea it froze only once.

I have another question. Do I have to put everything back into the wrapping and the box if I decide to replace it or do I just bring the system with the wires and controllers and everything?

I don't think I will replace it but I wanted to know just in case anything bad ever happens to it. I got it from GameStop, by the way.

I doubt they would take it back anyway.

GameStop Return Policy said:
Returned product(s) must be in the original packaging and include any manuals, cabling and accessories in saleable condition. We reserve the right to limit returns to unopened or defective products. Defective product(s) will be replaced with a like item, upon return.

We do not accept returns of:

- Any product(s) returned more than 30 days after delivery.
- Any product(s) that has been opened (taken out of its plastic wrap).
- Any product(s) not in its original condition, is damaged, played, or is missing parts.
- Any product(s) that were sold as part of a bundle, unless the bundle is returned complete.

Please do not send us product(s) that do not meet the return criteria listed above, as we do not issue refunds for nonqualifying items and cannot return the items to you.

But thats for returns. I was thinking about replacements. Thanks for helping me also :smilewinkgrin:

They do freeze from time to time! If it keeps happening then I would take it back! Better to be safe than sorry, even though it is a pain in the arse! especially with all the set up to do again!

jeez, that gamestop returns "policy" sucks hairy balls.....

- Any product(s) that has been opened (taken out of its plastic wrap).
- Any product(s) not in its original condition, is damaged, played, or is missing parts.

what the **** are you meant to do to qualify for a return???

it's games console, you take them out of the box to to use them.

<joke>
maybe that's why there are so many overheating problems.....people too
scared to take 'em out of the packaging.
</joke>

That only means if you just want to take them back for any reason (for example you don't want it any more).

However, if the product is faulty then these should not apply! better phone them to ask!

Am sure it will be fine though!

Gamestop is not the best company to buy from unfortunately. I worked there for a short time and saw and experienced some undesirable things both towards me and the customers. It would be very unsurprising if they made you send it back to Microsoft before taking it back, especially if not in all of the original packaging. You would be better off shopping at Walmart, they have no problem taking back returns. Having said my warning of Gamestop, if you are experiencing problems you should get a replacement...keep in mind though that Microsoft has a three year warranty on this console for hardware failure, so you might as well push it to it's limits to see what happens (hence marathon gaming and leaving it on alot). As said above, gaming systems do freeze and this is common...but excessive to the point of ruining your gaming experience is not. Plus you have the large amount of hardware failure with this particular console to also weigh in your decision. Hope things work out for you.

Cant you call in and get it swapped? Thats what my friends did because his 360 burned a ring on his madden 07

Back