Should I replace My 360?

Microsoft will not send your's back to you. They will send you a pre-repaired "refurb" unit. In time, they will fix your's and send it out to someone else.

Depending on the state you live in, retailers are required by law to replace DEFECTIVE items within a specified timeframe. GS and EB are nortorious for disagreeing with this LAW. However, simply stating that if that's their official position, you'll just wait around till the police you're going to call show up and file a report usually gets the point across.

EB and GS here tried some crap of selling "open" but new games. I started complaining and send quite a few emails to their corp office showing how they are breaking OH laws by doing that. It took a few weeks, but the local stores have since stopped opening games and storing the CD's elsewhere. Yes, it's more risky for them (shoplifting), but the law states I'm supposed to get UNOPENED products if I pay full price.

I think GS/EB here has a 7 day EXCHANGE policy if the item is new and defective.

I have an eternal grudge against gamestop.
They had a phone on display and I made a call to my own phone that my friend was holding to check voice quality.
The guy threw me out.
Why the hell do you have an activated phone on display if I'm not supposed to test it????

As for your question probably not.
Mine froze when I first got it, but I wasn't giving the power supply enough ventilation. Prop it up off the floor, especially if you have a carpet. I did, and my 360 hasn't froze since. If all else fails, turn up the AC a bit :smilewinkgrin:

Edit: Oh and just in case, since you just got it, I don't know if you know: unless you want the game severely scratched, never ever switch the orientation of the thing while you have a game inside! Otherwise, you'll have to blow another 60 bucks.
Just a tip.

Last edited by a moderator:
the thing you here moving is a sensor to detect whether it is horizontal or vertical, at least this is what ive heard. but every system and controller has something that rattles inside of it.

Back