Should I sell my Game cube now that I have a wii...

paintba||er said:
Well if it was me I would have sold that piece of **** a long time ago. So yes sell it.

Very impressive use of the English language. Why don't you go chew on a bar of soap for awhile....

As for a friendly answer to a legitimate question, definitely keep the GC controllers and the memory card.

You will need them to play any of the GC games via the Wii console hardware. Without them, you are hosed.

-Chewie

My friend only buys last gen stuff. Gets games for like 2 bucks. Great nostalgic multiplayer fun. Anyway, who out there would buy a GC alone? without controllers, games, or memory card? :lol:

Give it to a family member who is not fortunate enough to have any of the newer game systems.

My Opinion On The Nintendo Gamecube

FR. said:
Listen, the GC was not a piece of ****.

BTW, I sold mine - there is no point in keeping it. I'm still keeping my NES & SNES.

In my opinion the GC did suck i remember back when i bought it at first the games were great than about a year later it was just one mario party after another and the games became very short and boring and I didnt see much Super Mario adventure games besides Super Mario Sunshine which in my opinion was a flop and Luigis Masion now im not going to lie that was a good game. I just basically didnt like that little cube I find that the games were to short unlike the Playstation's Eyetoy and Singstar the Gamecube only had the Bongos. Please dont attack my comment I stated it was my opinion.

MasterJedi2U said:
Thats what I'm wondering too...I mean who wants to buy a PS2 or Gamecube now with all the new systems out? Seems retarded to me. Anyways regardless of what the HATERS will say the Gamecube was an awesome system and I will always have fond memories of playing it with my brothers. It was simple and small and we loved it. It may have had its faults but it did what I needed it to do and for that I'll always cherish it. That being said I traded it in at EB Games for some store credit which I then used to help get Madden 07. However I wish I hadn't since I could have sold it for more I bet judging from other peoples post.
The gamecube, depending what quality its in will get about 20 bucks at game stop, if you got a extra controler you will get a extra 3 dollars, right now they have a deal where if you trade in more than 5 games, they will give you 30 percent store credit

ends the second week of june, i traded in a gamecube, 4 ps2 controlers, 51 playstation games, 10 gamecube games, my total was like 450 plus the credit i had over 530.
so its a pretty nice deal

I'm planning to sell mine since there is no point in keeping it. Of course I'll keep the games, but the body is kind of useless now that I have a Wii. I can't think of any family members who would want it since my cousins all have sixth-gen consoles. Though it's going to be hard to say goodbye to my sweet silver lunchbox. *sniffle*

paintba||er said:

Well no one here will agree with me because they are all Nintendo fans but the GC was a failure. It had hardly any good games on it. I actually bought it but I ended up giving it away to my brother who played it for a week or two before throwing it in a closet where it still lies. In my opinion it is the worst thing to ever come from Nintendo.

What?!! i guess you never gave it any chance at all... Wind Waker, Twilight Princess (it was better on the GC than on the Wii and anyone that played both would agree), the Resident evil Remake, RE Zero, and alittle game called RE4 (if you say it was better on ps2 i know you are an idiot), SSBM, Super Mario Sunshine ( dont dis it cause it was great game), and what about Metroid Prime 1 and 2 they were both amazing games. there were many other great games on the GC maybe you just need had no faith or you owned and ps2 and said things like was RockStar iz so fcking awzome i cnt wait 4 the nxt GTA

oh yeah i say keep it cause it was a great system and i think it looks pretty cool and 30 years down the road you might want it just to say you have it

My boyfriend got a Wii on launch day and I got him Resident Evil 0 and a wavebird for it...I got hooked on Resi 0 and bought a couple more GC games cos they looked interesting. In the end I had to go on ebay and spend £30 on a cube so I could play the games at mine rather than waiting til I went to the boyfriends...I'm loving it :).

I feel like I'm catching up cos I missed out the cube completely and am really enjoying the range of games. Sure its not the prettiest thing in the world, but it's the first console (apart from the Wii) to hold my attention for more than an hour :).

I love my GameCube, it is a class bit of console. I don't know why, but Wii has potential but I still love to SIT DOWN and tuck into a good GameCube game with my friends. You should not sell it, I haven't sold mine, it's useful because;

When my family are watching TV (the one the Wii uses) I can go upstairs and just play my GameCube.
Two people can be gaming at once, satisfies the kids.

It doesn't give me back all those good times when I play the GameCube on the Wii, it's just odd.

Instead of buying a Gamecube, i bought a Sega Mega Drive of eBay with 15 games, 2 controllers and in the original box for £16. That how much i rated the Gamecube. The Wii is fun though. Dont really know if that helps...

I thoght that the GC was good. I played Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door all the time. Also there was Metroid Prime 1 and 2, Super Mario Sunshine, Animal Crossing, and Super Smash Bros. Melee.

I had hours of fun playing Gamecube.

EDIT: I forgot to answer your querstion. I'm really not sure if you should sell it, but I'm keeping mine

I never get rid of my old consoles. I've kept all of them that I have collected over the years.

I've still got my Gamecube on the floor in my room as I soon discovered that I need it to play games that I brought back from America (which is quite a few). The Wii doesn't like the Freeloader disc.

Shaker.

Completely agree. You should just recycle it by giving to a less fortunate soul. Or hey it is true you might eventually want to get rid of your kids, brother, sister, parents and send them packing to another room with the GC. I know in our house extra systems are a must. 3 kids, 3 gamers. Not including me. We still have 2 PS1, 1 PS2, 2 Xbox, 1 SNES and Wii.

I just sold my gamecube and all the games like 10. I had hella coupoons and i got $170. I pre-ordered mario party 8 and pokemon battle revolution

Game CUbe

Hey man sell that Game cube but not the conrtroller as because the game cube controller can be used with Wii

Back