Should I touch the Sensor bar?

From forum rules and policies:

"1. Be Welcoming!
When newcomers arrive, welcome them to our growing community. Many of our community's senior members are a wealth of knowledge and have much to share. Help new members learn about how to find information and resources, save time, and how to get involved in the Community."

Thank you! Thank you all so much! Because of your warm welcome i know feel very good about my time here, so thanks for that. I asked a noobish question, but you all ignored its sillyness and simply explained how the sensor bar works, and told me why touching it was just fine. Thank you all once again for sharing your collective genius with me, and doing so in a completely uninsulting way.

wiiisawesome said:
Uhh...I was actually trying to help you out...

haha i know, and you were helpful. I'm not pissed at everyone who posted, just those who were being jerks. Thanks for the help, twas excellent of you.

LoganSix said:
I hear if you touch your sensor bar too much you will grow hair on your palms and go blind.

So, just be careful.

WOOO HOOO, It's good to know what caused that. I was afraid I'd have to stop...

Touching the sensor bar shouldn't be a problem at all. The sensor bar itself is actually a very low tech peice of equipment, simply 2 infrared LED bulbs on either side, powered via the connection to the nindendo Wii. Fingerprints directly on the infrared parts (the black glossy plastic parts on either side of the bar) can effect the performance of the sensor bar, just like when you put your hand in front of the TV remote (which works the same way) and the buttons no longer work. If there are fingerprints on the infrared parts, simply use a gentle cloth to wipe them off, I promise you that if fingerprints get on it, there will be no perminant damage and once the fingerprints are clear, the sensor bar will work fine again. The same can be said for the tip of the wiimote. If it gets smudged or dirty, clean it with a gentle dry cloth and it will be back to 100% function.

Fingerprints are fine on the sensor bar. I'm sure if you stuck it down your pants it would still work fine afterwards ;D

Back