Should I trade in my PS3 for a 360 Elite? >_<

Well if you got it as a gift I can see why. I've gotten some awful games as X-mas gifts. So in your mind it's a fruit cake and you want to get rid of it. If that's how you feel, go for the Elite. 120gb makes Sony's 60 HD look like a kiddie toy.

@Brian -- I could care less if it's good in a year, it sucks now. I'll buy it when it's good, then. ^_^

@Zachp -- I've already stated that it was a gift. xP So yeah.

Anyway, I've already decided... So, I'd like to say that your opinions matter mates, but then... I'd be lying. xP

Kumoriken said:
Mmkay, for all of you who call me idiotic for buying the damned thing...
...IT WAS A GIFT. ;D So shaddap. ^_^

Here's the logic I've worked out...
Right now, I'm not having ANY fun playing with my PS3. So, if I trade it in for $500, and get an Elite, I can actually play with something I'll enjoy and that I can take with me on my trips to San Francisco, Oregon, etc. this Summer and have something to do while I'm there.

And since I got it as a gift, I technically haven't lost any money. And with that being said, I figure that I should trade it in NOW for $500 before the trade-in price goes down. And from what I've heard, within the year, people should expect a $100 price drop on the thing anyway. So I'd be getting it for the exact same ammount I traded it in for if I wait until then. ^_^

Besides... Do I give TWO SHITS that the 360 took time to become fun? Nope! Does it matter right now? Nope!
The point is... The 360 is fun now, whether it was or was not before.
I'll wait to buy a PS3 when the price is down and the damned thing is actually fun, like I did with the 360.

And yeah, I gots an HDTV, and I figure I might as well be prepared for anything, y'know? So the Elite is a good move for me.
i suggest if you get a game such as gears of war, to play it on a standard TV for the first couple of days, then switch to your HDTV..just so you can admire the HUGE difference it makes, which you probably wont notice if you start at a hdtv right away xD (i had a SDTV for the first 2 months and when i switched to HD, i was blown away, and i am still able to admire all the goodies my hdtv brings me on the 360)

---Brian--- said:
Keep Ps3, in a year or so will be kicking the 360s ass, its going through the same thing as Wii at the moment, a games drought but you'll regret it in a years time if you sell it, and i would put money on that. Also if you think the Ps3 graphics arent that great, look at the games that came with the 360 on release, look no where as good as the release games on the Ps3. 1 years time and you will be seeing more of the Ps3 capabilites, you'll regret if you sell it for the 360, its not realible either. Ps3 is very realiable, i saw a guy hit it with a sledge hammer 7 times and it held together so well, its built extremely well.

LOL@you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddMowxKchko

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
i suggest if you get a game such as gears of war, to play it on a standard TV for the first couple of days, then switch to your HDTV..just so you can admire the HUGE difference it makes, which you probably wont notice if you start at a hdtv right away xD (i had a SDTV for the first 2 months and when i switched to HD, i was blown away, and i am still able to admire all the goodies my hdtv brings me on the 360)
xP
Well, I've already seen it on my friends like... 60" HD... Well, maybe not that big, but... It's HUGE...
So, I think I'm already used to it being on an HDTV.
Though when I'm away in Oregon, it ain't gonna be HD. It'll be a tiny tube TV. But!... After THAT!... It'll be back to an HDTV in San Francisco, so that'll be good. ^_^

Get the VGA cable and run it on a 19" (or bigger) monitor if you have one. Its not a big picture but the quality is great (HD)-(At least on mine?) I moved the 360 next to the pc monitor since I only got 2 scarts in my crappy tv which are used by Digibox + wii.

It also means when my gf is watching something on the tv I can still play my xbox.

Short term = Yes.
Long term = No.

PS3 got a lots LOTTS of room to improve, look at the HOME thingy they are developing now. Compare to Xbox360..............well i just think its has ugly lay out in the menu and i hate how microsoft changes its colors and add another 40GB to it, and calling it "Elite".... Well Elite for them...by just changes of colors and with extra HDD and charges you around 500 bucks for it

yep definatly, buy a 360 and it is perfect:
me and my freinds call it the "Wii60" combo,
basically you have wii for sheer gameplay, fun, parties etc, and you have x360 for single player games, music, dvds etc...bascially the best combo ever :p

"Wii60" (Wii + XB360)
"PsWii" (PS3 + Wii)
"Ps360" (PS3 + XB360)
"PsWii60" (PS3 + XB360 + Wii)

The system you buy matters a lot less than the games you want to play;

It's a known fact that Microsoft (and other developers) don't release the most diverse set of games for the 360. It's been out for a long time now but still I can't think of that many titles which aren't FPS/Western RPG*/Sports - especially not in the way of exclusives - and I can think of even less which are actually good and don't fall into one of those three categories.

On the other hand both the Playstation and the Playstation 2 proved that Sony has a much bigger range of gaming available than either Microsoft or Nintendo; and for me that's the deciding factor. I know that there is always going to be something coming out on the PS3 that I am going to like because I know they always manage to get the widest range of exclusives and the widest range of genres placed on their systems.

Well; I'd rather have a Wii than a PS3 but I'd rather have a PS2 than either right now since I want FFXII. Damn brother giving the PS2 to my sister when she moved out - I moved out and I didn't get the damn PS2 ;o

*Western RPG does not mean Cowboys and Indians, it means an RPG developed in a Western style. Games of this style include games like Diablo, Oblivion and Fable where the storyline is secondary and statistical development is primary. In Eastern RPG's, though, the opposite is true with the storyline being a lot more important. Person I prefer the latter which is why I'd prefer to get a Playstation console over an X-Box console...

Back