Should it be free or sold

ajnokia

WiiChat Member
Jan 29, 2007
Please note I am not advertising I just need advice.

Im from Uk Im starting a Pearsonalised Games Service. These include DVD, PC, Board and Card Games. The thing is I dont ship them. The Card and Board games will be printable. For DVD games the Image files will be giving.

I was planning to do it free but I need advice. Should I maybe charge a Pound or A dollar per person. I didn't think people would pay if its not a product just downloadable.

So should I just do the service free or charge a small fee for the time it takes to make?

Didnt u read its not a thing I send out. Read it fully

Well they request the game fill out the form with there name and answer questions I need for details for the pearsonalised games eg Family Murder Mystery DVD Game. Id ask for pictures and videos (If they wish) ask the names and details to create the game. Then in 1-2 weeks I give them a link to download there Game to Print or Copy or Play and the link can only be used once! (I keep a back up incase they lose the files)

So should I go free or a small £1 or 50p charge through Paypal

Or just a Donation Paypal Link ( Do you think anyone would donate if they took a game are people like that do they donate to homemade stuff? )

yeh i would charge a small fee, at the end of the da your losing time, and time is money.

What price do you think would be suitable.
If you was taking would you pay these prices?

DVD Quiz Game £1
DVD Adventure Game £2.50
Card Game 50p
Board Game £1
Pearsonalised Computer Room 25p

I also plan to release various unpearsonalised games for free. Exaples include

The Great Big Video Quiz DVD Game
Wrestlequiz! DVD game (Featuring many wrestling clips)
The Wrestle House

The Wrestlehouse is a interactive house with different rooms for different Wrestling Promotions and wrestlers. Which can be downloaded to PC. Which by goign through the rooms find wrestlers Information, Title History, Video Clips, Pictures and Entrance Themes. There are also Rooms about Wrestling itself such as the Greatest Wretlers, Rules, Types of Matches and The History of Wrestling.

The Wrestlehouse is a big project Ive been working on for a while and is looking good.

A pearsonalised Computer room is similar to Wrestlehouse but only features a few rooms with Pictures, History of the person, The Family and A Quiz (Includes few more features like small games such as Spot the Difference)

So does this price list seem fair. I will be doing a months trial which all pearsonalised games are free.

Thank you for your help

It depends on the quality of your work! if you seem too cheap people will assume that it will be of low quality.. .. .. .. too much and they won't want to pay for it.

Have you thought about issues regarding copyright? Unless you made / own all of the clips you could potentially get a large bill for royalties.. .. .. just a thought!

The ones I sell is using user provided contents. Eg Photos and Videos and details.

As u can see with the Wrestle Room thing its free. And people all over the internet make freeware not sticking to copyright.

Would anyone actually use this service (Eg the trial)

I wil lbe releasing demos of each product to show quality.

captainff said:
It depends on the quality of your work! if you seem too cheap people will assume that it will be of low quality.. .. .. .. too much and they won't want to pay for it.

Have you thought about issues regarding copyright? Unless you made / own all of the clips you could potentially get a large bill for royalties.. .. .. just a thought!

on the other hand, if you charge a lot and the product is poor quality then your in the same boat

Well Il do a trial first. Most probally am just gonna do it all free and link to my Dads paypal for donations. THis seem good?

Back