Should the characters have voice?

zwink

wii fan
Apr 9, 2007
Denmark
Hey

Zelda is a great game for wii:) as I really enjoy.

But I miss the characters voice, I think it could add some
more depth to the game if all the characters got voice.

What do you think?

nope, sometimes there's a occasional laughter or whatever, but there is no talking. I don't really care though. It makes the game better in my opinion.

~Rival

I think that voice would ruin the Zelda 'feel'. Zelda has never used voice, and most likely never will. Voice works for some games, but I think most Zelda fans would agree that it would be best for Nintendo to stick with the dialog boxes.

-Cadet

If we get voices in the games we have the chance of getting some really horrid voice acting. That itself has ruined some games for me.

Midna's laugh is slightly creepy lol or atleast it was the first time I heard it come out of the wiimote. At first I thought it was weird not having voices because most games I've played do but it doesn't bother me at all now.

it would be nice some time to have voice overs in the future of a zelda game as long as they were good. But i agree voices would probably take the classic zelda feel away.

It would ruin the series. Zelda has always had no voice. We find out more by reading in my opinion and voice actors could be terrible.

nah, no voice. im so sick of these threads. this has been posted a million times and i think its safe to say anyone whos someone agrees there should not be voices in zelda. it would ruin it. it makes it more creative when you image what they would sound like, and if they started putting voices in it it would totally ruin what you thought they would sound like.

have you ever read a book before the movie was made. you totally had your imagination running wild on what the characters in the book looked liked and how they sounded. but when the movie came out it totally ruined and the characters looked nothing like you imagined.
i know this isnt the best example. but i seriously cant even remember what i thought harry potter looked and sounded like since the movies came. but i know i had my own image in my head and it looked nothing like he does in the movies. same thing for zelda.

Many have complained about it....A LOT! So those who doubt they will add voice acting...guess again. I myself would like to hear voices of Zelda and Ganondorf....but Link is a NO! No matter how much anyone wants Link to talk he never will so get over it...anyways Zelda needs voice acting (make sure its actually good) and Im not asking everyone to talk...just the important characters.
We are going to see some voice acting, mark my words.....Im positive!

Thanks for all the replies so far:)

One of the reasons why I need voice is because I focus
so much on the text, so I feel I don't see all the graphichs and
animations especially in cutscenes with camara movement.

And I wonder how the "Zelda feel" is? sorry, I'm new to Zelda:)

From a professional point of view, not saying its right, its my opinion:
I think it should. I mean there are times when I just want something said. It doesn't ruin Zelda's feel. They are so close to full voice acting with all the grunts. It would've intensified the last scene had there been a booming voice coming forth. And as for Link not talking. I draw the line. I know Miyamoto wants US to make Link who we want him to be. But this game felt forced. He has so many facial expressions that he is his own character, there were times when he just needed to say a line.

Doc141 said:
I know Miyamoto wants US to make Link who we want him to be. But this game felt forced. He has so many facial expressions that he is his own character

wow....maybe that was what felt wrong with Twilight Princess.....yeah we have to remember that Mr Miyamoto wasnt in direct control of the game, Eiji Aonuma was and has been since Majoras Mask.
Damn, we need a game that is directed by Mr Miyamto again.....I dont care about the long delays...in the end it will certainly be worth it! No wonder there hasnt been a Zelda game that has beaten OOT yet!

Yes it would, it would be a better zelda. You got this dyanamic character Link who now has a lot more expression to him (this is good and needs to stay). But it doesnt leave a blank slate for you to write on. Its there. It's time for him to talk. and its time to move onto voices. It would make the story so much better.

Back