Should the wii remote be able to power off the wii?

pluto2

WiiChat Member
Dec 27, 2006
Hi!

I can use my wii remote to power on the wii while in standby mode, but I can't turn it off again with the same button on the wii remote. I got the impression that this was suppose to be possible, to turn the wii both on AND off with the remote, isn't it? or is it just me?

Kristian

I just read that I have to HOLD it for a few seconds for it to turn off haven't tried that yet, might be it!

Yeah, i usually have to hold it for about one or two seconds for it to turn off, and then after that, it takes another one or two for the light to go orange.

Will take a look at this, it's most likely it, never though about holding it, I stopped at pressing several times and wonder lol :p

I got it, works fine now, thanks, was pretty obvious, must be getting old, the nerdiness is starting to wear off, christ, where will I end up, grown up? goodness...

thanks

Wow I guess iam the only one who read the manual before I set it up.

I didn't even bother with the cool stuff that i got in the box i just grabbed the english manuals and read it from start to fin.

LOL I am not a manual boy, I read them when I wonder about something and this seemed to obvious to read about but I guess I where wrong.

Todays lesson: you can never really expect to be certain about anything at all, pretty much.

Back