Should they let you play a demo of VC games?

JerrodDRagon

Wii New and Reviews
Nov 28, 2006
TO
Wii Online Code
8369-4137-0402-8056
Does anyone but me want them to allow you to play a demo of a VC game before you buy it to see if you would like the game ore not.

That would be pretty neat. But something we probably won't see for years.

demos for wii games will need sd card in the slot
cuz it 516mb won't be enough space for one.
but still, since i got two sd cards, it would be nice to see demos.

funsohng said:
demos for wii games will need sd card in the slot
cuz it 516mb won't be enough space for one.
but still, since i got two sd cards, it would be nice to see demos.
Well there is going to be a demo channel. There might be a way to make a Wii game demo small enough to fit on the system. But I have 2 SD cards so I can play even if it will take up more memory.

Honestly... Seems kinda dumb. Some VC games are so simple (Columns)... Developing a demo for each VC game is just a waste of money. Download the ROM and try it out... If you like it, then buy it.

Or people could do research on Wikipedia, Google, etc. If you think something is interesting go find out more about it by seeing what the game is really about. The plot, characters, etc. That might make all the difference in the world. Although I do agree that demo would be nice as well its probably gonna be awhile before that happens. Until then I'd say do your own investigation into the game's history.

You always can read reviews, but that generally won't tell you a lot about gameplay on the VC. Super Mario World for example, is a game most didn't know was awful with a GC controller until they spend 8 bucks on it and hated it. Luckily, I read about it here and decided not to download it until/if I buy a classic controller.

What about the Wii Remote? Can't you use that to play Super Mari World? And isn't nearly the same controls as a Classic?

MasterJedi2U said:
What about the Wii Remote? Can't you use that to play Super Mari World? And isn't nearly the same controls as a Classic?
no you cant (wish you could) but you have to use a classic controller or a Gamecube controller.

Nintendo will also argue that people have been downloading their roms illegally for years. They are extremely easy to find on the internet. It's not as easy to download and run PS1, X-box roms. So why do they need demos?

Back