sigh, any decent 2-4 player/co-op/splitscreen games?

Must we forget the super mario galaxy has co-star mode? There is also Mario Party and Elebits and many many other Multiplayer titles just depends on what kind of game you like.

Chin35char said:
Whats so good about Split-Screen?
I can't speak for the OP, but for my situation, I'm looking for games that my wife and I can play together.

We had done this with PC games in the past. Diablo, DiabloII, (and just about every other Blizzard game), Guild Wars. The Wii will be our first console.

I'm not looking for split-screen games in particular, just stuff that has cooperative play. Coop play is preferable to PvP, where we're playing against each other (like Wii sports Tennis, Boxing, Baseball), or P1-P2 play (one player goes, then the other, like old school arcade games) or solo play.

Ahh I see. Id reccomend getting Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, and Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 if you want a game to play against each other.

Chin35char said:
Ahh I see. Id reccomend getting Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, and Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 if you want a game to play against each other.
Thanks, but we're looking for stuff we can play together, cooperatively, not against each other.

With Diablo and Guild Wars, we'd go on quests together. We'd fight monsters together. (She'd do the brute force fighting, I did ranged attacks and magic for crowd control.) If one of us got in trouble, the other would help out.

Working together to overcome adversity to achieve goals, and help your partner out at the same time, is a really great way to strengthen a relationship.

I'm looking for games like that. :)

dalesd said:
Thanks, but we're looking for stuff we can play together, cooperatively, not against each other.

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles. Same screen co-op.

dalesd said:
With Diablo and Guild Wars, we'd go on quests together. We'd fight monsters together. (She'd do the brute force fighting, I did ranged attacks and magic for crowd control.)

Couples who shoot zombies together statistically stay together. :smilewinkgrin:
You can bring a grenade launcher, for crowd control, and she can bring a 12 gauge, for brute force blasting.

dalesd said:
If one of us got in trouble, the other would help out.

Shooting corpses that are trying to eat your wife. Chivalrous

dalesd said:
Working together to overcome adversity to achieve goals, and help your partner out at the same time, is a really great way to strengthen a relationship.

Yeah, and how beautiful a sentiment that is... except, get this: the adversity you're overcoming? Zombies.
I know, it's as awesome as it sounds.

Of course if your wife isn't into shooting zombies, then... have you ever considered you married the wrong girl?

dalesd said:

With Diablo and Guild Wars, we'd go on quests together. We'd fight monsters together. (She'd do the brute force fighting, I did ranged attacks and magic for crowd control.) If one of us got in trouble, the other would help out.

You heard of Left 4 Dead coming out for the PC in 2008? 4 player co-op in that one.

Simpsons has two player co-op but it isn't a very good game.
Oh and you can play on the same side in Wii tennis instead of against each other, but that won't last you too long.

Chin35char said:
Whats so good about Split-Screen?
:frown2:
People seem to have forgotten the fun of split-screen. The days of the N64 are really something I miss. Online is no where near us fun as split screen!

Well, there is something about being able to charlie horse your opponent to set up that perfect headshot, but saying splitscreen is more fun than one-screen per player is a bit much.

Well, a good game a friend and myself have been working on is Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell. I've enjoyed that game so far and it's a very cooperative game. You have to work together to reach the next area of the game. If your wife a problem blasting things away watch out though. The key of the game is quietly infultrating facilities.

BigORhyme said:
Well, there is something about being able to charlie horse your opponent to set up that perfect headshot, but saying splitscreen is more fun than one-screen per player is a bit much.

Agree about the screen, but it's so much more fun seeing the people your playing in person. Some one screaming into a mic is no where near us fun as seeing them turn red and scream! Ever tried playing split-screen with a projector? It's amazing fun! Only problem with it is screen peeking...

Back