*sigh* yet again I am dissapointed...

M4573RM1ND

Cloverfield's biggest fan
Oct 11, 2007
A hot desert in AZ
Wii Online Code
0746-0660-3187-3697
I remember closely following the Wii launch this time last year. Two of the games that I had my eye on were Sadness (a Horror-Survival by Nibris) and Project H.A.M.M.E.R. I found out that Sadness had most likely been canceled, but now I see that Project Hammer has suffered the same fate. Why?

And I also see that two weeks from its release, Battalion Wars II doesn't have any voice support. No headsets, no bluetooth, for no reason. I understand it'll have online play, but how are you supposed to make any battle plan without being able to talk to anyone? I played Halo 3 last night @ my friend's house (huge game of Capture the Flag) and we managed to regroup and formulate a plan for the win because we could TALK to eachother. I don't get why Nintendo would NOT do this. I mean, they gave the DS a headset! Why can't they do the same for the wii? I mean, the Wiimote communicates w/ the wii the same way a bluetooth headset does! There is no reason for the lack of a headset... *sigh* I've actually begun considering selling my wii for a 360... Thats how far its fallen.

yeah i feel the same way
nintendo should really release some useful things not stupid things like a new everybody votes channel(sry i hate it)
the usb keyboard should have been enabled when the wii first came out.

headset and voice chat should have been enabled when the first multiplayer game was being announced

idno i wanna play some more games online and if i dnt get any USEFULL updates withing a month or 2.... i will be purchasing a 360

You are crazy. Just because a game youare wanting to get got cancelled, and that there's not a headset doesn' mean you should sell your Wii. There are plenty of good games out there for Wii, and you don't have to have a headset to play online.

Nfanboy said:
You are crazy. Just because a game you are wanting to get got canceled, and that there's not a headset doesn't mean you should sell your Wii. There are plenty of good games out there for Wii, and you don't have to have a headset to play online.
actually, thats 2 games canceled, little online play, and have you ever even used WiiConnect24? What ever happened to "updates while we sleep"? Do you remember that they said it would automatically update, and if you turned on WiiConnect24, it would ALWAYS be connected to the internet? Why does it take so long then to "connect" if its already connected? Why doesn't automatically update? I have MP3:C, TP and Wii Sports (I had Red Steel, but then I sold it, then regretted selling it because GameStop rips you off like no other). I also hate pokèmon. What else is out there? I've played Rayman and its not that great, but Excite Truck was awesome. But the 360 has so much more.

The Wii's online is like trying to play a game of tackle football without any means of communication. You can play, but its not that great.

highroller said:
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (Wii exclusive) is out in a month.. this is the most awaited game that it is coming soon
Battalion Wars 2 in just two weeks, same day as Guitar Hero 3, the latter of which I can get for the 360.

Smash Bros
Mario Galaxy
No More Heroes
Monster Hunter 3
Mario Kart wii
Project 0
Disaster day of crisis

Stop being impatient and wait the good games are coming

the 360 has so much more? Please...As a owner of 360 ,and wii i must say 360 doesn't have so much more unless you consider FPS ,and 3rd person shooter one after another so much more than you are pretty narrow minded. grant it the games on 360 are good ,but playing shooter after shooter gets bland after awhile. The Wii might not be a graphical power house ,but it plays host to some games with some variety. Nintendo is off to a shakey start with online play i agree ,but we must also remember this is Nintendo's first console that went online ,and 2ndly we are only going on a year into the system. I bought my Wii for 2 of the same reasons i bought my DS...The great franchises i grew up with ,and to watch it develop. Its been far more interesting watching what comes up in the development pipeline for wii than 360 sorry ,but thats how it is. I mean 360 is hosting a lot of good games ,but most of them are either sequels of games that just a boost in graphics ,and changed some of the gameplay around.

Maximo said:
the 360 has so much more? Please...As a owner of 360 ,and wii i must say 360 doesn't have so much more unless you consider FPS ,and 3rd person shooter one after another so much more than you are pretty narrow minded. grant it the games on 360 are good ,but playing shooter after shooter gets bland after awhile. The Wii might not be a graphical power house ,but it plays host to some games with some variety. Nintendo is off to a shakey start with online play i agree ,but we must also remember this is Nintendo's first console that went online ,and 2ndly we are only going on a year into the system. I bought my Wii for 2 of the same reasons i bought my DS...The great franchises i grew up with ,and to watch it develop. Its been far more interesting watching what comes up in the development pipeline for wii than 360 sorry ,but thats how it is. I mean 360 is hosting a lot of good games ,but most of them are either sequels of games that just a boost in graphics ,and changed some of the gameplay around.
http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/08/10/17-of-360-titles-are-shooters/
17% of the 360's games are shooters.

And you can't say that most of the games are just sequels for the 360. The Wii is doing exactly the same thing.

Sadness hasn't been cancelled. They havn't anounced if it is yet or what's really going on. They just havn't released anything lately about it and I heard that the company making the game ran into some problems...who knows though?

Why you would sell your Wii because one game hasn't come out with much info and the Wii doesn't have a headset is absolutly ridiculous. I highly doubt you bought the Wii for just those two games and waiting for a headset....

Do people not follow news?
There are great games coming out real soon for the Wii.
Sure there has been some cancellations, but what System doesn't have those?

If those games coming out now don't interest you, then you should have looked into what you were purchasing a bit more.

M4573RM1ND said:
actually, thats 2 games canceled, little online play, and have you ever even used WiiConnect24? What ever happened to "updates while we sleep"? Do you remember that they said it would automatically update, and if you turned on WiiConnect24, it would ALWAYS be connected to the internet? Why does it take so long then to "connect" if its already connected? Why doesn't automatically update? I have MP3:C, TP and Wii Sports (I had Red Steel, but then I sold it, then regretted selling it because GameStop rips you off like no other). I also hate pokèmon. What else is out there? I've played Rayman and its not that great, but Excite Truck was awesome. But the 360 has so much more.

The Wii's online is like trying to play a game of tackle football without any means of communication. You can play, but its not that great.

What does the 360 have? Halo? Scuse me I mean FPS #32413413423 with a reputable name? I'm no fan boy but get the heck over yourself. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo enabled blue tooth for wii so that you could head set and completely revamped friend codes for Brawl.

PS with mario kart wii set to have 16 player online races do you really think we'll still have friend codes? Do you really think there will be no voice chat??

YOU HEARD IT FROM ME FIRST!

Everyone says they cant form a battle plan without a headset.

If you cant talk to someone than just follow his lead. Stay with him, anticipate where hes going so you can make sure the enemy doesnt go trough an unprotected bit of map.

I do agree that a headset improves tactical play ( bf2142 fan with VOIP ) but in the servers where theres no VOIP enabled or no squads using it, I have tons of fun. Just dont go lone wolfing and stay with youre teammates and watch the map ( so you can flank or divert )

how can you possibly expect a head set from a company who still "growing" in online experience

first of, the wii is only in its first year!! its too damn early for you to ***** at nintendo because of lack of head set, so if you dont have any patiences then go ahead and sell your wii, cause you arent gonna get your lovely headset by wiening, give it some damn time!

The Wii is still a great console, and there is a slew of good games out right now, just give it a little more time and there will be something great for everyone. However I agree on the headseat thing, but its not that big of a deal. A game can still be fun even if you cant communicate through a headset.

Back