signal strength?

Lugia

WiiChat Member
Oct 26, 2007
wisconsin
Wii Online Code
4841-8322-0786-7773
when i ask this i dont mean bandwidth. i mean in the way windows displays your network connection for vista. im just asking this because im seperated from my wifi router by a nice floor of concrete and if i move my computer a matter of inches my connection can go from 60% to 20% at which point i begin to lose my connection altogether. ive not had any problems connecting to the internet and keeping a stable connection with my wii as of yet but the last thing i need to do is start playing a game and completely drop. i would just like to know if it could be more mediocre then its been acting. thanks.

if it matters at all i use a Buffalo Technology AirStation Turbo G High Power Wireless Smart Router (WHR-HP-G54) and have road runner cable.

concrete, metal and other items like refrigerators which can throw off interference can be a big problem. If your signal is so iffy you might want to invest in a stronger antenna which can boost the signal a bit. A more reliable solution, albeit more expensive, would be to invest in a signal repeater. Put it at the strongest signal point on your floor and you can should get a much more reliable connection from the Wii.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Mom

Back