Significance of higher kbps?

Curtain

Leves's My Hero!
Jun 20, 2007
Gaylord, Michigan
I was currently going to buy a larger memory stick for my psp, But as i was putting songs on my old one i saw that some songs with shorter lengths have higher KBs than some songs with longer lengths. I was wondering what is the significance of having a higher kbps song? Both the songs sound good, Sorry if this is the wrong forum all my friends didn't know so i just came here.

Curtain said:
I was currently going to buy a larger memory stick for my psp, But as i was putting songs on my old one i saw that some songs with shorter lengths have higher KBs than some songs with longer lengths. I was wondering what is the significance of having a higher kbps song? Both the songs sound good, Sorry if this is the wrong forum all my friends didn't know so i just came here.

If you have two songs the exact same length, the one with the smaller file size is compressed more than the other. The quality is worse, but not necessarily noticeable.

vagrant said:
If you have two songs the exact same length, the one with the smaller file size is compressed more than the other. The quality is worse, but not necessarily noticeable.

Oh, Thank you Didn't really see the point i guess u coudln't really notice unless its like compressed 10 times more lol

Curtain said:
Oh, Thank you Didn't really see the point i guess u coudln't really notice unless its like compressed 10 times more lol

Alot of times if the file size is smaller, it is probably going to be more quiet, so you are having to have the volume up louder to get the same decibels.

Back