simple driving games

tonyk

WiiChat Member
Sep 4, 2007
I purchase my first video for myself and for my 6 years old. Yes this is true, my first video game console. My son loves driving so I purchase Excite Truck for him. Lets say it is not what I expected. Does anyone know if there is an easier driving game for my 6 years old son? The box rated E. I don't think that is true. Any help would be appreciated.

The E rating doesn't necessarily mean that everyone can play it, it just means that there's no profanity or violence. Sort of like a G rated movie.

When I was six years old I played games like Mario Kart on the Super Nintendo. You can download Mario Kart 64 from the virtual console, but you'll need a classic controller.

Thanks for the info. Fredvdp - I assumed that I have to purchase "Wii points" card? I haven't got into the internet yet. I do have wireless so it shouldn't be any problem. What browser does wii use? Is it relatively simple to download games?

Its really easy especially if you already have wireless internet set up. Go into the wii settings and it will search for your network automatically and set it up. Then it will download some updates like the wii shop browser. Then you connect to the wii shop channel and you can go to virtual console and choose from the classic games there. A good game that my little cousins always play is mario kart 64 for nintendo 64. You do need to buy a classic control for $20 anywhere they sell games. You dont need a wii points card, if you have a credit card you can use that right in the wii shop channel. Thats what ive done for most of mine. If you want to use the internet you can download the Opera browser from the shop channel for free. Hope this helps :lol:

Last edited:
I would suggest buying 'Cars' for your 6 year old son since it is kid friendly and easy to play. You're probably familiar with 'Cars' the movie, so you would know that it's material is appropriate. It is rated 'E' for everyone.

EDIT:
Cars-Wii.jpg

BTW, I'm also a car enthusiast. Tell your son to like cars for the rest of his life. :)

d4mahern said:
If you want to use the internet you can download the Opera browser from the shop channel for free. Hope this helps :lol:

No, it used to be free. Now it's 500 points.

Thank you all for the great info d4mahern and Fredvdp. It was easy to set up. I don't think I will use wii to browse the internet. Something about the pointed hand, it's not very easy to use like a mouse. I'll stick with my laptop for browsing. :) Thanks again. Will look into Cars also.

d4mahern said:
When did that happen?

A very long time ago. The opera browser was free until the beta period was over. Everyone who downloaded it back then, has it for free. The rest has to pay 5 bucks.

Fredvdp said:
A very long time ago. The opera browser was free until the beta period was over. Everyone who downloaded it back then, has it for free. The rest has to pay 5 bucks.

It was still free for awhile after the final non-beta version was released, even you did not previously download the beta version.

Back