simple way to get wifi usb working

diamondgizza

WiiChat Member
May 13, 2007
if you've just got your self one of thoes over priced dongle thingys (nintendo wi-fi usb connector) and you've come to your teather cos it wont work well after so much messing about (over 8 days) with the settings and it still did'nt work. i managed to sort the problem out and it was so simple. all i did was to format my computer and hay-presto still got all my files and wi-fi usb works a dream. so if you are thinking of doing this to enabel you to get your wifi working remember to save all your files to your 2gb nintendo sd card cos thats the only use for the card lol. if you wanna check me out on mii search follow this link http://www.miisearch.com/showprofile.php?id=1215

Hmm, not sure about formatting. Mine works fine, but get's a bit narky if I don't shut it down correctly the last time.

In my experience, it's worth taking the time to right click on the icon in your tray, click Stop and then wait for the icon button to change colour before pulling the USB dongle out.

Is it me, or do they heat up really fast?...

i tried everything even telephoning nintendo europe and they couldnt help me they did give me 1 bit of good advice and that was to remove (Q&S) in network connections (control panel, right click on network connections, properties, click on Q&S and uninstall it then do a reboot. i dont have no problems in disconnecting as i do not have to remove the dongel from my computer, it only connects when i have a wii update or a wii message or when i go to wii opera browser on the wii.

Back