Simpsons Game...

Esirnus

Silent Assassin
Oct 17, 2007
UK
Its jsut been released here in the UK - anyone got it? love it? hate it? was thinking i would get it while i was waiting for GHIII release in a few weeks!

let us know

Es

Hey, hows it going. Heres a link to my impressions of it after playing the first 5 levels.
http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-gaming/40281-ok-i-played-simpsons-wii.html
If you've got more questions about it, continue posting in your thread and I'll try to help ya.

EDIT: also, much of my dissapointment was because of how shabby it looks compared to the 360/PS3 versions. They could have done much more with the Wii graphically and it shows they really had no interest in making the Wii version all it could be.

I was just playing again today, and I played the level where the Donut guy is attacking springfield... (the same level featured in the Demo)

It is awful. It puts the Wii's graphic abilities to shame, mostly because it doesn't seem to utilize them at all. Not only is it graphically different, but the gameplay is different. While using homer, you cant turn into a ball on this level... wtf, why not i say. There are nearly no little krusties running around unlike the 360 version (makes it more difficult/fun). The sound bytes are more repetitious. The levels look piss poor. Seriously these are PS2 graphics, and not even top notch ones. I can't say how much I am dissapointed by the Wii version of this game.
If you have a 360 or PS3 the game is worth it, otherwise rental ONLY.

I knew the Simpsons game was going to be awful! especially when there was no advertisement, and the case has no actual revelence to the game. Wii has really pissed me off so far with their crappy games -_- and now make me wait for ages for the good games to come out! like galaxy and brawl. and MARIO KART! How can they expect someone to wait so long to play it?! the only decent mario kart i can play is the one at this bowling alley in my town which takes your picture and places a mario hat on you (cheesy -_-)

Well this game is pretty good on PS3 and 360, but unfortunately the Wii got not only horrible sub-par graphics, but evidentally they stripped some of the gameplay out as well.

It's irritating when you think about the Wii's graphic abilities. Games on previous gen systems like GTA have huge maps that take no loading, yet on these tiny little maps in this game, there is no detail, and yet still shotty graphics.

its official - im not buying it!

i bought my missus that bloody cooking mama game instead (why do i do these things to myself!)

cheers for the help deciding against

Es

i played the wii version........and im not too impressed, the controls just dont work good with this game, i suggest that if you get it, then get the ps3 version....if you have a ps3

Back