Not open for further replies.

oxhaker

...no good titles
Mar 1, 2007
Life
Wii Online Code
0376-6435-4668-9489
Is anyone a mem of this site???? if so plz can you register me thnx

technically its not illegal or at least the comps wont bust you unless your selling things

Last edited:
I used to be, until Canadian IPs were blocked after the CRIA sent a threatening letter o_O
I can get you an invite code tomorrow from a lovely Norwegian boy, though.

cool thnx
Newspost - Sep/30/2007
Downtime

We received a letter from a lawyer represeting the CRIA, they were threatening with legal action and we need to start blocking Canadian traffic because of this.

Thanks for your understanding, and sorry for any inconvenience.

Last edited:
im not, i need some songs (moneys gone on itunes....to lazy to run to store) an you need to have a mem of the site invite you

Legal Issues Regarding Bit Torrent Sites:

In most countries, it is illegal to distribute copyrighted material without the permission of the copyright holder. Because of their potential to be used in breach of copyright as well as in compliance, many torrent trackers have been the target of cease and desist lawsuits from copyright bodies; this despite the fact that a tracker does not actually host or distribute any copyrighted data itself.

A complicating factor is that torrent tracking websites operate in a variety of countries, including countries with copyright laws that differ from the country of origin of the copyrighted material, and countries in which different actions may be legal or illegal.

Further complicating factors are that there are many circumstances under which it is legal to distribute copyrighted material - indeed there are currently some experiments at legally selling content that is distributed over BitTorrent using a "secure" tracker system. For instance, copyright holders may choose to allow their content to be distributed for free, using licenses such as the Creative Commons family, or the GPL. In addition, some countries also have fair use provisions in copyright law, which allow people the right to access and use certain classes of copyrighted material without breach of the law.

Quote From WiiChat Forum Rules:

17. No Copyrighted Material
Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the member should not be posted on the discussion forums or software libraries without the consent of the owner. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information shall be held solely responsible. WiiChat.com shall not be held responsible for member-posted information that may violate copyright law.

18. No Warez
Posting up and asking for illegal warez is strictly prohibited.

Finally, posting and asking about other sites through WiiChat isn't allowed here and is considered advertising. With that being said I've decided to close this thread seeing as discussion of downloading songs, movies, shows etc illegally is prohibited here at WiiChat. If you create another thread on this subject you will most likely receive a ban for doing so. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to send me a private message and I'll gladly answer any questions that you may have.

Last edited:
it doesnt matter if they arnt selling it. its still illegal. thats like saying that its ok for someone to go into a store and steal a CD and then copy it 100s of times and just give it out. your causing the companys to loose money because you are taking away their customers.

Damn you syntax! you beat me to the post and lock!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back