Site ten years anniversary

DBloke

An ancient one, banner of over a thousand acunts
Staff member
May 30, 2006
Super Mancyland
Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164
Other sites come and go, this one kept on coming.

Even after a load of technical cock ups, even after some of the forums history was wiped, even after a certain member said it was a sinking ship only for his ship to sink, even after one member decided to spam the crap outa the site, only to realise it took him longer to do that than it did to get rid of it all. even after that crappy RPG where everyone was a bloody Darkknight, even after a forum war that spilt over different sites, even after a cop turned up and people stared going ape ****, even after the "REP ME" thing, even after all the active members buggered off, even after the Wiis (and WiiU, might as well be classed as dead as its release schedule is dryer than a prune) lifespan ended, even after I took over the modding duties, even after the chatbox basically slowed the forum down, even after endless clan spam, even after a certain member had beef with me (ok change that to a few),even after Facebook came along and kinda killed off a lot of forums, even after it was passed into the hands of new owners that don't really give a toss it still kept going.
(Did I miss anything of note?)

These days it has served its purpose and is exceedingly quiet with some spurts of life, mostly by spambots but sometimes by members.

Anyway
:bacon:10 YEARS!!:bacon:
(and probably not ten more)
:)shifty:)

Last edited:
I'll miss it

it would be nice if the place could somehow regain a little energy and maybe live on two or three more years, things only got real bad relatively recently

like that'll happen tho...
especially since I'll be gone for around a year lol bye again losers

Last edited:
wow, 10 years is a long time for a forum!

We are open to any suggestions to get this place more active. We've been considering converting the software to Xenforo. It's much more mobile friendly and works much better on a phone/tablet.

I did suggest making an entirety new forum for the NX (or what ever its called) then making this one part of it, a lot of the areas of this forum are a bit out of date

The Wii is more or less dead as is the WiiU

dropping in again to mention that if you did make a new version of wiichat for the nx, I'd damn well be interested in helping run it. Despite what some of you may think I'm not actually a complete idiot and I think I could do a decent job especially since I'm in the process of getting my **** together. Plus I'm interesting in going into programming so I'll likely be learning more about that sometime, and I already have some degree of competence in graphic design. The idea actually makes me a little excited, reviving this place as a new site for a totally new console would likely boost activity to not-terribad levels again. So yeah. Do it. Just please, for the love of god, don't put mario in the header this time, he pollutes it with his stupid silly presence. The forum could also really go for more than one skin, this skin's sooooo bloody drab, literally the only benefit of it being the only one is that we can do invisible text. That's a sacrifice I'm willing to make for some actual style.

Ill admit, the WiiU holds no attention for me

Im interesting in the NX

Wait till the name is announced, then get the domain name

Ill admit, the WiiU holds no attention for me

Im interesting in the NX

Wait till the name is announced, then get the domain name

Sounds like a plan. We'll probably end up renaming this site and converting it to Xenforo at that time. Stay tuned! We are hoping for another 10 years :)

Like a Dr Who regeneration..........

Back