Skill>Weapons

FF7Squall

WiiChat Member
Jan 21, 2012
I'm tired of my older brother complaining about losing matches because his weapons are bad compared to others. I'm a level 22, and I decided to prove that wrong.
I made a loadout of a plain Sigmus and a Hawksman.
I had entered a game of Golden Gun, and without even touching the Golden Gun, I had gotten the most eliminations(29) and the least amount of deaths(15) in the match.
So, while weapons may give you an advantage, they are not the primary factor that wins a match.

The first two questions that come to my mind is:
Who where your opponents?
Why didn't you go near the golden gun? (Where you farming the golden gun spot?)

And in case you are wondering, yes i can be a negative person.

Mod edit: No double posting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My opponents were lvl 20-40, and I didn't go near the golden gun because I was trying to use the sigmus to get all my kills.

/bragthread.
Problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's true though, just because you're level 56 doesn't mean you're the shiz.

Skill can really whoop a 56's ass (but then again, how many 'legit' 56ers are out there?)

Epic posty Post!!! Lmfao, but ya same questions come to mind.

Skill can really whoop a 56's ass (but then again, how many 'legit' 56ers are out there?)
Epic posty Post for you also. Your comment applies to every shooter out there these days. Big Lols for u my friend.

Last edited:
I can outshoot a scrub with a Mauser (highest tier hand gun in Red Dead) with a bloody Volcanic Pistol (lowest tier hand gun; worst gun in the game really) like a boss. So yes, obviously skill > weapons, tools, WHATEVER the optional things you choose in a game. That's not to say that against a moderately skilled opponent I'd be winning that Mauser - Volcanic exchange though. In other words, being somewhat better than the opponent doesn't mean you can run around with **** weapons and dominate. Very few multiplayer games; none the less competitively viable ones; work like that.

That aside, I'm also sick of everyone bitchin' 'bout you using the better/best weapons in the game, especially if they ain't overpowered. Even moreso if they can take the same loadout and aim it at your face.

With double posts, yes.

Last edited:

Not many, 80% of the players around me only have a few hours of play time.

But the 'better guns' (Ivana, Strata, Wolfe, Masterton, Gambit and the Anova) are easier to use though. And if you spay them it's harder to not get a kill. I can beat more skilled players by using any of these guns. So I see your brothers point. And guns like the SEGS, Sly, AK-47, Sigmas and P99 (unless Bond) do suck.

Last edited:
It just depends on the person playing, and/or wat kinda shooter ur playing also. Ex. MW3; u all know the type 95 right? Boss gun right? So many people want it but only a few of those can actually "use it", me personal ill chop any1 down with the saw, no matter the lvl...
Or BIG examp... Black ops; evry1 uses the famas, aug, or galil, rare a ak47 or commando anymore. and then theres the clans of 15prestiges guys thinkin there ganna do somethin, ha im lvl 50 no prestige killin with my M60 and Suppressed Commando.

So what if you, starting as a noob with starter weapons, goes against the 1337 of the game? Would skill still be a reason to not worry?

Not many, 80% of the players around me only have a few hours of play time.

But the 'better guns' (Ivana, Strata, Wolfe, Masterton, Gambit and the Anova) are easier to use though. And if you spay them it's harder to not get a kill. I can beat more skilled players by using any of these guns. So I see your brothers point. And guns like the SEGS, Sly, AK-47, Sigmas and P99 (unless Bond) do suck.

I agree with the ivana, the strata and the masteron. they shoot like a dream. I can't say much about the gambit cause i hardly snipe. And only picked that gun op a couple of times. For the anova though you do need a bit of skill. Otherwise you just run out of bullets. If the opposite player is not skilled you can easily outduel an anova user with even an AK-47.

Still, nonetheless, the power the higher lvl tiered weapons make up for spraying.

Basically, if you're a lower level person, just pick up their dropped ivana, strata or whatever and just unload in their face. I made Mello rage quit once (56er. Dunno if legit or not, but I made him rage quit. Had a 5 dom on him).

Back