Skype a la wii

supermandudekid

Wiikender
Apr 6, 2007
Wii Online Code
7954-4237-6337-3848
IGN: Brawl seems like the perfect game to introduce a Wii headset for voice chat. Why have you avoided this?

Masahiro Sakurai: Well, when I first started making Smash Bros. Brawl, I thought it would be wonderful if online battles between friends had voice chat and potentially keyboard based chat as well. But there are all sorts of rules and regulations regarding communication on the Wii platform and so it was apparent to me that it just wouldn't come together, we weren't going to be able to do it, so we decided to cancel that feature. I'm very sorry about that. But if you're really desperate for it, you could set up Skype by your game station and go at it with a friend if you like.

Yes, this is a sad, but look at the last line. Is anyone else going to do this?

Skype's a great program, espeically if you get the $3/month unlimited calling in North America. It pretty much replaces your phone line. But you'll need a cordless phone adapter if you don't have a computer close to your Wii.

i've been using skype while playing MOHH2 clan matches and it works great!

I don't know, it's possible I would. We have a vent server for our WoW guild, so I'd probably end up using that instead.

I'm going to set up Skype or get Vent probably. Which ever one more people seem to do I suppose. I'd love to connect with anyone and chat while playing online.

<3 Skype.

Use it to keep in touch with the American family. Although lolz at the desperation of using it for Brawl.

teamspeak server + wireless headset?

or ventrillo....But No way am I going to pay $3 a month for voice chat via a 3rd party pc client to contact others via brawl.

I still say that with the wiimote sideways control configuration, the potential for using the DS as yet another control option would have been viable, thus giving you the possibility for voice chat via the ds mic or a ds headset.

I mean yeah its a marketing gimmick, but its one that many (myself included) would fall for.

Damn it ninty, where is your creativity these days?! :yikes:

I mean MS found ways to nickel and dime their legions of faithful XBL users for online service + voice chat. At least you could have assimilated a similar service into the WFC Network. With the internal voice chat integrated into DS technology, I see no excuse not to make the transition from hand held to console using that same technology.

I mean **** you kept the god awful FC system why not port over the good stuff like voice functionality. The only issue is the investment into the extra technology (which is rather dated, and ninty can afford it many times over) So don't tell me it's too expensive or complex b/c we know that's BS.

I guess I'm stuck using a wireless headset and a 3rd party voice client for my nintendo online gaming needs...:frown2: . Hopefully as the generations of console gaming evolve nintendo will get with the times eventually

AIM has a free voice chat thing. Actually I think most of the IM programs do. Why not just use that?

Why Dont yall just get eachothers Pone numbers( recommoend cell) and do it this way. and it saves money. all i have to do is put my blootooth in my ear.lol

I would but I dont have friends. LMFAO! Online ones at least that have a wii lol. But yea I would since I have a laptop and can bring it downstairs in TV room. But I prolly wont too much work

ssbbking said:
Why Dont yall just get eachothers Pone numbers( recommoend cell) and do it this way. and it saves money. all i have to do is put my blootooth in my ear.lol

I can sync my earpiece with my computer :) :prrr:

skypes cool and all but i dont see how voice chat is really needed in brawl i'd almost prefer to not have whining, screaming 12 year olds crying about losing beleive it or not. wich, i hate to stereotype wii owners, a lot of them are 12 and annoying ill bet they will all be on brawl lol.

but yeah skype would be a decent alternative. pretty good idea

Back