Skype.

Before I got the upgraded Verizon Fios internet speed, GE would slow down a little if Skype was being used simultaneously on another computer in the house, on the wireless. With a wired connection, no issues though. Now, it has no impact for me either way. Speed = Good.

The only downside to the upgraded internet speed is that I am prompted to host a LOT more nowadays...

Add me on skype if u want to play goldeneye with me. :) HK...Humza

Wow, i gotta say this is quite the crackdown from magikarp.
(Where is my namechange to Koopa, grrmble)

As to playing with Skype, i've never actually done it.
But i don't see how it can cause that much lag.
I mean. There are usually two computers(wii+computer) running and using internet connection when i play.
And i usually don't have a problem. Unless the computer is downloading a huge amount of data.

I don't know how big the data transfer is when skyping is though.
If it's big, then i'll def. take your word for it Goldie.

I kinda did an experiment with it a week ago. I voice skyped with some [L2K] guys. In the games where it was being used i was posting scores like 26-11 and 26-6.....my wife then took the laptop off me and I had to play without skype. The next two games that followed i posted 46-7 and 38-10 games. Logged off after that but I could tell there was a VAST improvement in-game with much less lag. However, I do run on a 4MB d/l and 0.7 u/l line so I don't have much bandwidth to play with..... I live in a village so the internet here is crap lol.

I live in a village so the internet here is crap lol.

A village?!? What is this, the middle ages??? Does your house have a thatched roof? Does your neighbor work as a blacksmith making swords and horseshoes all day? Do the local "bobbies" ride around on horseback collecting tributes and oppressing the elderly if they don't pay? Do you burn witches? LOL

Back