Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Skyward Sword was the best game I have ever played...

Discussion in 'Legend of Zelda' started by bojadada, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bojadada

bojadada WiiChat Member

Have you ever played a game that's practically absorbed you into its universe? To the point where it feels like nothing exists but you and the game itself? Skyward Sword is one of the games that's done that for me, along with Wind Waker. I've never played a game that's done that before, I'm looking forward to the next Zelda game. Skyward Sword was emotional too, something I definitely wasn't expecting. Just the Zelda series in general is phenomenal, it's unbelievable how good they are. I wish their were more video games like this but then again, that's what makes it so unique, that there's no other games like that out there. Just wanted to let everyone know how much I love Zelda games haha.

2. Neosquid

Neosquid (owo)凸

Wii Friend Code: 6666-1020-6666-1020
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    I love Wind Waker and Skyward Sword too! [noparse]:D[/noparse]

3. Zanapher

Zanapher WiiChat Member

I like Skyward sword, but I feel that it could have been better.

4. Neosquid

Neosquid (owo)凸

6666-1020-6666-1020
    D:

How so?

5. WiiAssasin

WiiAssasin The ride never ends

Wii Friend Code: 7912-1706-4691-2520
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Obviously, a bigger world since the zelda series is usually based on exploration and secrets.

6. Neosquid

Neosquid (owo)凸

6666-1020-6666-1020
    I felt this world was plenty big. Sure, there were only three main areas (4 if you include the Sky), but they were all so big.

7. WiiAssasin

WiiAssasin The ride never ends

Wii Friend Code: 7912-1706-4691-2520
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    The people expect an MMO sized world.

I'm just saying what I keep hearing from them.

8. Zanapher

Zanapher WiiChat Member

I would have liked to have different bosses instead of fighting two of them three different times. Also there wasn't much involvement from the new races that were introduced aside from the mole people and androids. I like how the world is set and how the environment changed drastically in the forest area.

9. waste

waste Banned

skyword sword has been a pretty amazing game so far(havent beaten it) but wow if theres only those three areas that ive already beaten, it seems kinda small then. honestly i love twilight princess! first zelda game i ever played and beat and since ive played many and they are all so good. I love the Legend of Zelda series!

10. Neosquid

Neosquid (owo)凸

6666-1020-6666-1020
    Where are you in the game? You unlock more in each area during certain points in the game, you know.
    Ghirahim is the main villain, it's natural that you fight him a lot. And the Imprisoned doesn't take the place of any other bosses, really, so I don't see what the big deal is. It's not like they scrapped two bosses so you could fight the Imprisoned two more times.

11. Splash_King

Splash_King The Scrubbiest of Hunters

Wii Friend Code: 0129-0129-0129-0129
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Great of a game that SS was, I've gotta agree with everyone; not to diss the OPs opinion or anythin'.

The Sky was bloody empty... All I did in the Sky was Skyloft junk, getting goddess chest loot, and taking that annoying trip to and fro the thundercloud more times than I'd like. Wind Waker's ocean of water had more to explore than Skyward Sword's ocean of clouds.

Fighting the Imprisoned three times was... annoying. By the time I was doing boss rush, I didn't want to slash another toe or smash another sealing spike ever again. Though, I have no qualms with fighting Ghirahim thrice; fun fight, and plenty relevant to the story. Though, he really should of been more difficult in the final fight...

Speaking of which, the game was way too easy. A game doesn't need to be difficult to be awesome, but even with Hero mode, I breezed through relatively easily. Ninty claimed it was the "hardest Zelda game yet" in the commercial, though... And thanks to Hero mode, I suppose that is true. I guess I'd say that the bosses needed moar difficulty, both in Hero mode and in Normal mode. Like how Shadow of the Colossus' Hard mode worked; not only were the bosses more healthy, but you had to do something(s) extra to off 'em in round 2. Bosses only did more damage in Hero mode, their patterns didn't change, and they didn't get new moves... This is probably the stupidest thing I'm bitching 'bout though lol.

ALSO, your last two hearts were from life metals. I have serious beef with this, since I had EVERY heart piece besides one (the rickety coaster minigame one; didn't even know the minigame existed until a friend mentioned it) by the time I finished Hero mode. If there were another eight heart pieces instead of two life medals, that'd get another hour of (most likely fun) gameplay. It was a tad lazy of 'em IMO.

Perhaps I just have high hopes and overly strong critique for the game celebrating a series' 25th anniversary, I suppose... No game can be free of problems after all. SS was still an epic game.

That's a sign that a fantasy game's designers have done their job. When music, story, and gameplay all fit together so seamlessly, if you're left undisturbed to play such a game, it's pretty easy to really get into the zone with it, and I'd say SS did a good job of it too. Immersive games ftw.

12. Neosquid

Neosquid (owo)凸

6666-1020-6666-1020
    The sky could have used more stuff. The number of islands was fantastic; it's just that most of them were so barren. I can think of like 5 islands that actually had a good amount of stuff on them; the Pumpkin Island, the island with the bamboo minigame, the bug hunting island, Island of Songs, and probably one more that I'm forgetting about.

Skyloft was great, though. The townspeople were likable for the most part and it was pretty big. Shame you can't land in more places after skydiving, I hate how there's so few spawn points there. =/
    I'd say it was more of an attempt to make the game a tad more difficult. Instead of just getting two hearts and having them stay there, they have to take up space in your inventory.

13. Splash_King

0129-0129-0129-0129
    If you want to call all those floating boulders islands, then... sure, why not. ._.

But yeah, that's the main problem I've got with the sky. No point in having a bunch of destinations if there's nothing there but chests you have to activate some place else...

And yes, I really wish that the goddess chests would just be on the surface for god's sake.

The Lumpy Pumpkin was nothing more than two heart pieces, and a few sidequests...

Those two islands were just two minigames and a goddess chest... ... ...

Had goddess chest(s?), repetitive cutscenes, and a single puzzle.

... You certainly don't ask for much in terms of content, do ya Nick? :lol: Guess you're more humble than I am in that regard.

Having the Life Medals outside of Hero mode just makes things easier; in Hero mode, they're only helpful half the time, but just one of 'em makes the game easier, so long as it gives you an odd heart total (allowing you to take an extra hit, basically). You shouldn't even bother having both of 'em anyways (your fourth empty bottle with a potion is much smarter if you don't have it on ya already). The only way it makes the game harder is that those two hearts can't be used in Boss Rush (nothin' from the pouch is usable or in effect, besides your shield of choice). Boss Rush on normal mode is a joke in comparison to harder games' boss rushes, and on Hero mode, one or both medals would only afford you an extra hit anyways. If you might end up needing that extra hit, you probably wouldn't be good enough to conquer Hero mode's boss rush anywho.

... I haven't complained this much in a long time. :lol:

14. Neosquid

Neosquid (owo)凸

6666-1020-6666-1020
    Meh, I would have liked bigger islands too.

.....umm.....

I just meant that it's a little bit harder in normal mode to have extra items in your pouch, as opposed the getting the Heart Pieces and just having them stay there. I never said it made much of a difference at all.

Although having more Pieces of Heart would open doors for more sidequests/exploration.

15. Splash_King

0129-0129-0129-0129
    Precisely my point. :p Eight pieces wouldn't make it a whole new ****ing game, but hey, moar epic Zelda content means moar fun.

16. Neosquid

Neosquid (owo)凸

6666-1020-6666-1020
    Can we stop nitpicking now and be positive?

[strike]I know it might hurt you to do so, CK, but please try.[/strike]

17. Splash_King

0129-0129-0129-0129
    Nope. Biased and not-so-thought out critique is a specialty of mine. =D

... Also seems that you've missed my compliments to SS.

EDIT: Oh, I just remembered. SS definitely had a great OST, though I didn't find as many tunes as memorable as other Zelda games I've played. But on the good side of things, I feel as though, like how the story was presented in SS, the music evolved to match. The music seemed to always feel thoroughly appropriate and fitting whenever it chimed in. It definitely shined in that regard.

#17 Splash_King, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  18. Neosquid

Neosquid (owo)凸

6666-1020-6666-1020
    Yeah, I thought you made a typo.....of an entire paragraph.

Edit: To CK's edit.

I like the music too, I've listen to Ghirahim's battle theme like 30 times. The story was nice too.

#18 Neosquid, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  19. Splash_King

0129-0129-0129-0129
    Finding music to not be incredibly memorable is down to one's opinion and taste, Nick. :p

20. Neosquid

Neosquid (owo)凸

6666-1020-6666-1020
    I personally found the OST more memorable than other Zelda games.

Who liked Groose?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.