Slot Illumination

TehBallz

WiiChat Member
Jan 7, 2007
I just have one question, everyone is aware of the slot illumination feature (the blue light that shines from the disc slot). I realize that this will be on when there is a message or update waiting, my question is: is this light supposed to be on when a disc is inserted?

Nope, it only flashes very quick on startup and when you have a message.

Thats weird, mine doesn't do that. Do only the older Wii's or newer Wii's do it?

if you notice on the link he submitted it tells you its a mod you have to buy and install to make your wii do this

i wouldent want to void the warrenty tho

humm once my wii light was "pulsing" when it was in standby, why? i didnt mod it or anything, i dont remember if a disk was inside. whats up with that? once i turned my consol on it flashed again and light turned off.

thanks for the info i was pretty sure it wasnt supposed to be on when a disc is in, as for the previous post... your light is supposed to pulse after the wii has been on standby for a while idk wat the specs are but mine does that too.

Pretty cool mod but i wouldnt want to increase the chance of burning out the lights with all the sounds etc. But very nicely done.

ToadIsDoingMagicMushrooms said:
The leds wouldn't burn out any faster than the current way. They last for ages.

I'm changing the colour of my Wii's leds.
Cool, what color? I might change mine, i am thinking red.

that mod is cool but it will be funny because most likely the light will blow sometime soon.

How difficult is it to replace the LED?
I would love to see it on all the time, it is a nice color and illumination. I thought the cashier we bought it off of, might have broke it. ^.^ He wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Back