Slow Game Reviews

sparc

Banned
Nov 23, 2006
Liverpool, UK
I understand Far Cry comes out in North America on the 6th of Novemeber, two days time but there's still no reviews for it. I'm expecting the worst after some of the previews I've read. So looks like I'll have to settle for Call of Duty instead but would of liked more help deciding.

Reviews should be atleast made available atleast 7 days prior to it's release so you can find out it's good get a preorder in and sit back and wait for it to be delivered to your door on it's first day.

Whether it's lazy writers or stupid publishers holding back and then hoping to generate sales on people taking a chance on trailers and boxart on a poor product - something needs to change.

The future's here said the pioneer. There's room at the top, do-wop do-wop. Whatever comes tomorrow happened yesterday.

You're right.

They can only review games they have. It's not the reviewers who decide when they get the games, and i doubt that we will see any decent reviews before it's relase. Why? Because Ubi knows that it's another crappy port, and there is no point in shipping it too gaming sites just so that they can slaughter it sooner.

Really the 6th huh? My ads from the paper must be wrong with them saying the 8th for far cry

wayne said:
They can only review games they have. It's not the reviewers who decide when they get the games, and i doubt that we will see any decent reviews before it's relase. Why? Because Ubi knows that it's another crappy port, and there is no point in shipping it too gaming sites just so that they can slaughter it sooner.

wtf ..ign had hands on and thy said it was really good...BETTER than red steel. noob

Yeah I heard it was really good too.

I wonder which is better, Farcry or COD3?

I am probably still gonna get Red Steel though because I heard once you get into it its a great game.

Im also trying to find out when Far Cry come out. Last time I checked, which was recently, IGN said the 5th and GameSpot said the 12th (but they probably just pulled that out of their ass). I went to EB today and they didn't have it.

I agree with the slow reviews on IGN. They are still coming out with reviews for launch titles, like they came out with need for speed carbon today. As far as reviews not been out prior to release dates, you can blame that on the publishers.

Back