Small "Sonic in brawl?" discussion in IGN interview...and I MEAN small.....

SamuS

WiiChat Member
Dec 20, 2006
Wii Online Code
6898-3147-5981-0687
IGN: Does this pave the way for Sonic and Mario starring together in other games?

Laurent Fischer: We've spent a long time finalising this one and we're not thinking about the next game, just yet. The Olympics just seemed like the right way to bring them together.

IGN: So we won't see Sonic appearing in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

Laurent Fischer: That's not on the cards at the moment.

Mike Hayes: Really, we felt that the Olympics provided a neutral ground for the two stars.

Laurent Fischer: Yes, the Olympics are something very special. If you have ever been to the Olympics it's amazing to see the spirit of the people watching the events - people share in a very special moment. That is something we want to recreate with Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.

Full article - http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/776/776878p1.html

looks a wee bit on the negative side. I'm still hopeful though.

Yeah I was hoping he would bein brawl...oh well
and im not sure about this olympics game either..maybe ill like it later on, but from what Ive read on here about it, im not a fan yet. But I havent read much, so I guess I cant make a good judgement.

En4Neo said:
How?

I just don't see why.

Well, I know the rumor mill often does more harm than good, but it would still a huge kick in the balls for Nintendo (and SEGA) fans if he didn't show up.

I don't get why Sonic in Brawl is such a big deal it's going to be a dissapointment if it happens

WiiZero said:
I don't get why Sonic in Brawl is such a big deal it's going to be a dissapointment if it happens

why would it be a dissapointment? everybody, or at leat more than half wii owners and smash bros fans WANT sonic in. people are excited just to have mario compete wit sonic in some OLYMPICS competion, so if anything, it'll be a dissapointment if he's not in it. and on that note (thoughs this is deserving of a smash bros flame thread) its a dissapointment that Snake is in it, i mean, what serious connection does he have with mario? or nintendo for that matter. sure they was the nes and GC games but, hes not exactly tied in with nintendo like Sonic is. mario and sonic are BORN RIVALS, they were meant to "Brawl" back when sonic became a hit in 1991.

WiiZero said:
because mario and sonic are basically what pushed the video game industry through the 80s. there are no 2 bigger and older rivals amongst any video game . Them FIGHTING against each other would settle a score a decade old.

WiiZero said:

Agreed, I think that anting sonic in brawl is more exciting then wanting. I mean what will he do? bounce on people or throw chaos at guys? Just dosen' make sence. Well i gusse we will just have to wait and see. Brawl is a long time away. Lots to do.

-However It would mean a lot to nintendo and SEGA for SSBB I love sonic, but mario pwns every time.

This game has been long anticipated for a long while, why the hell is everyone having a fit if he's not going to be in it, the way I see it this game is going to be amazing! who cares if sonic isn't in it, I don't think that should make such a huge disapointment.

This game WILL Rock, with Sonic or no Sonic!
This game is a MUST Buy, with Sonic or no Sonic!
SSBB FTW

Back