Small Wiimote Question

Esco27

WiiChat Member
Dec 10, 2006
Canada
Does the Wiimote actually point to where you're pointing on the screen? I've searched to no avail. But I have read that there are sensitivity levels you can adjust so I guessed not.. I figured it would be nice to have some clarification.

yes it does, it can also determine the distance to your tv screen as well. of course you already know it is motion and angle sensitive too! it rocks

and yes, there is a sensitivity adjustment, though it isn't what you probably think. It just adjusts the sensitivity of the sensor, not the pointer. You adjust it to keep if from picking up on other lights, but the pointing action is always the same.

Technically it works more like a mouse. Your onscreen cursor does not necessarily correspond to the point on your TV screen where you are physically pointing your Wii remote at. It depends a lot on the size of your TV and the distance you are from it.

It actually mostly depends on the location of the censor bar too. Ie, the censor bar is what the mote uses for centering so if the sensor bar is not placed correctly the wii pointer will not appear centered to the tv. Thats why its important to make sure the Wii knows the location of the censor bar (above or below picture).

Raz

Back