Smash Bros. 64 will be released next Monday!!!

crazyman2 said:
I think nintendo missed the ssb64 boat. i would have bought it had it shown up on the VC two weeks ago, to pass my time until brawl. but im not going to dish out 10 bucks to play it the week before i get brawl and then never again

Exactly. Nintendo yet again fails to deliver. Their bone-headed tactics just keep failing them...:crazy:

Atomheart said:
Exactly. Nintendo yet again fails to deliver. Their bone-headed tactics just keep failing them...:crazy:
Yeah, the bonehead in charge of Nintendo's recent domination in the console and handheld market really needs a talking to.

...or a raise and new office.

Napalmbrain said:
Thank you very much, Skorpius, now you've got these people worked up over a theory of your's. Seriously, you expect two N64 games in two weeks? You're out of your mind.

Listen to this guy, people.

lol that true u got more chance of wining the lottery

Skorpius77 said:
Here's why:

We know its not this week because Kirby 64 is being released today. But here is what I'm thinking. Nintendo wants BIG money and they know that releasing SSB64 on VC will bring them tons of money. If Brawl is released before they release it on VC, many people will probably ignore SSB64 and play Brawl instead therefore lowering the amount of money brought in to Nintendo. Another thing that supports my theory is when MP3 came out, they had a Metroid Prime month and they released all MP 1 and SMP.

The only things that make it unlikely is that an N64 is coming out today. Its a great plan but Nintendo just needs to use it.

is it just me that find it funny that he doesnt know the names of the games hes referring to? lol its just ssb, not ssb64 (even tho its more clear to refer to it that way, ill giv em that one)

but mp1 is a gc game, i think he meant to say simply: Metroid
smp doesnt even exist...it would be: Super Metroid

i dont mean to make fun or anything, just kina makes me giggle a bit

metalfreak said:
is it just me that find it funny that he doesnt know the names of the games hes referring to? lol its just ssb, not ssb64 (even tho its more clear to refer to it that way, ill giv em that one)

but mp1 is a gc game, i think he meant to say simply: Metroid
smp doesnt even exist...it would be: Super Metroid

i dont mean to make fun or anything, just kina makes me giggle a bit
That is true, MP1 would stand for Metroid Prime (the first), which is perfectly right except for the fact he mentioned it as a game released in VC. We both know Gamecube games don't get released in VC and we both know that there are only two Metroid games currently available for download on VC, those are the first Metroid for NES, and Super Metroid...

So yes, he meant to say simply Metroid and Super Metroid... but he misspelled both. :lol:

No confirmation yet for next weeks virtua console games and it should have it by now by GoNintendo website but dont see it yet... maybe might be something pretty good we might get on monday and who knows though.

Kenji510 said:
No confirmation yet for next weeks virtua console games and it should have it by now by GoNintendo website but dont see it yet... maybe might be something pretty good we might get on monday and who knows though.

Maybe it's nothing at all this week.

Find out tomorrow around 9am.. theres prolly something big maybe thats why its not showing up on the vc-reviews website as well.

Maximo said:
why would you wanna play smash bros 64 when its basically the same gameplay as the brawl only far more limited?

The same reason you'd play any of the original Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Super Mario Kart, Kirby, Sonic, etc. just to name a few. The originals are still fun.

Nintendo is not doing much there not being smart and they did not give out 2 games only one stupid one.

iight i see where u r coming from but y waste a good 1000 points on ssb64 wen brawl is lik a week away i would have bought the 64 version if it came out earlier to keep myself calmed until brawl but IMO i think it makes no sense!!!!

I truly hope we get it next monday, not getting it today was upsetting, and I am almost always an avid supporter of the VC regardless of hit or miss release picks.

And it doesn't matter when Brawl comes out, I'm going to get that too and play the hell out of it as well.

Back