Smash Bros Site Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
it dont seem like sakurai goes in order now a zelda update might b friday

Extra Life Mushroom said:
meh...so basically zelda is exactly the same as before except now with the inclusion of light arrows as a Final Smash?
Don't fix what aint broke...

At least link's move set was graphically updated to keep with the times (his appearance and the appearance of some of his moves have been updated to reflect the most recent game in the series: clothes were updated to reflect the style used in TP, standard boomerang was upgraded to the gale boomerang, bombs were styled after the onces purchased in barnes's shop,ect..
Yes, but Sheik wasn't in TP, so he has no knew moves. (Yes, I know Sheik IS Zelda, but they all call him a guy in OoT, and since that was the illusion she created as a Sheikah, you can technically say that that's correct.)

I mean at least he got a cosmetic upgrade. But zelda could have gotten so much more..she could have used the sword she dueled you with in TP, could have the limited ability of flight (gliding), the area affect spell of the glowing triforce that she used, could have been implemented.
Remember that she was possessed by Ganon when she had those moves...so those are arguably Ganon's moves, and he was just using her as a puppet.

All these things I've mentioned from the one brief battle you had with her at the end of TP, and yet the only new thing that is included from that particular game...light arrows. (which arguably were just carried over from OoT)
She never used them in OoT...although I DO think that her FSA coulda been better...I mean, that's Link's standard move, why would it be her special?

They really disappointed me here, I was expecting more than just better graphics. I was expecting some adaptation with the times. But I guess this is forgivable considering the over wealth of content and features this game has to offer.
Well, that too. But think about what would happen if Sakurai CHANGED her moves and people got pissed. Many people liked Zelda in Melee, so it makes sense that he wouldn't change it, right?

I like these character updates i hope they keep them up!
7 more character updates hopefully
can anybody think of 3 veterans that are not clones? (Cpt Falcon, Mr Game and Watch and Mewtwo?)
I'm not sure...it depends on who's going to be unlockable...I could think of a few, but even though I have no doubt that some clones will be in the game, I agree that Sakurai prolly won't announce them. I was also thinking Falcon and Game & Watch, but maybe Jigglypuff instead of Mewtwo? Well, nah...Mewtwo's actually a better guess since I doubt Jiggly will be that graphically updated (see: Kirby =P)

Mr Bucket said:
Come on, Sakurai...
Update Geno as an AT...
Fix'd :wink:

Now only if they can show Marth
Marth, Roy, Ness, and Luigi prolly won't get updated whether they're in or not...Sakurai likely doesn't want to make updates about moves that are similar, even though they're not EXACTLY the same.

MUSIC DAMMIT!
Amen =P

Hm...link isn't working for me -_-

EDIT: Worked after a zillion tries. Ah well, it was news to me, as I don't ever go to Smashboards. It at least made me happy, even if some of you already knew =P

Those of you wandering what Olimar's FSA was...well here's the name...anyone make anything out of it? Final Smash: End of Day
Hm, nice. At the end of the day in both Pikmin titles, Olimar left and all the monsters came out and ate any pikmin still in the field. And, logically, it got dark. My guess is that it will be harder to see and there will be various enemies from Pikmin running about for awhile. Either Olimar will be impervious to their attacks, or he'll take off in his ship first.

That's my best prediction anyways =P

But what's the point of surprises when most people are going to look up secrets as soon as they get the game?
Because some won't (me!)

Or maybe it could be Zelda's Final Smash. Do Sheik and Zelda do the same fs?
Yes. As it says on both of their profiles. FSA - Light Arrows

Shoulda checked before asking =P

Last edited:
Even though i never used Sheik, good update. Tomorrows is goin to be Olimars FS. Now brawl seems even further away...

RedFox said:
Sheik = Good.

'Nuff said.
(ps. I am being quiet because I agree... Nuff said...)

Last edited:
Im just thankful that Sheik is in.....:lol:

I bet he was saving Sheik for a cushioning for the delay, think about it, all but zelda's movesets and not allowing zelda playable....ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back