Smash Brothers Subforum PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
in response to that....it seems a lot of vets are clamoring for [STRIKE]a new[/STRIKE] another super.... while insiders say it is a long time coming.

who knows about the mod situation anymore.

in the meantime shoko just use the report button for all “useless” brawl threads. there won't be new mods just yet so you'll have to learn to communicate with the ones that are here now

double post whatever

my guess is this just more regular mods.

stou and i do ok and ive never spoke to the other guys but trust me between stoukaph and myself we clean this site up very well(not including regular mods i see your work too mitch haha)

Last edited by a moderator:
hm..instead of a new thread, I'll hijack while you're here Jill.

how much do you guys actually respond to the report button. We as users don't see any feedback at all. too bad rep can't be associated with good reports.

It still feels that my reports are ignored and pm's and AIM/MSN are still the way to go.... heck, that's what got you super.

stou is always reading the reports i do too but i get some really stupid ones and i ignore then. i notice the ones i ignore mitch trulen or stou catch. or i over ride mitchs bans haha whoops

The_Loose_Cannon said:
in the meantime shoko just use the report button for all “useless” brawl threads. there won't be new mods just yet so you'll have to learn to communicate with the ones that are here now
yes ma'am. when will there be new mods though? this forum better get some soon cause it's getting worse and worse everyday.

good, you're not ignoring, I'm just being a hard-ass reporter. Actually, I've been on so far today, except for maybe the most recent one. ^_^

But...back on topic.

SSBB will be needed badly.

Edit:mad: shoko, don't you know what she's saying? her and fellow mods are power hungry, they don't want to share :lol:

really, there's a LOT of stuff that you don't see. Believe me.....
Just report like you're supposed to :thumbsup:

adam you have to stop ass kissing. i appreciate the help but i cant stand this back seat modding. its getting a tad bit obnoxious

back on topic shoko, i would assume mid june. IMO i initially thought they would come last moth when the graphics, pokemon and entertainment forums were added :sick:

i have atleast 3 people in mind-no i will not name names but some of you know who i would recommend

Okie dokie.....you don't have to be so rough though... I'll raise my report button standards then.

back to the original post.... are you seeing post number on EVERY post in EVERY section? I am not, and I believe my profile still isn't fully functional.

Perhaps by the time Brawl finally releases one of the current games sections will be removed, much like Red Steel. It is obvious that there WILL be one though. it's suicide not to.

im not being mean about it im letting you know its not that cute. you'll learn when you get older

anyways everything works well on my end.

keep it on track with the brawl talk don't hijack the thread

A SSBB subforum is actually needed. There is too much BS. As for the suggestion of Shoko as a mod, he (or she) needs to be more accepting of differing opionions before that should happen.

Many posts on a subject /= mod quality. Mods should be generally knowledgeable about the topics discussed, present on the board enough to handle situations, and willing to accept opinions that they do not share. The third is the most important to encourage discussions, and many here are not capable of that yet.

Judging by how long it takes some things here to get cleaned up, the second one is not on anyone's priority list. That is not meant as a slight to anyone, everyone has lives away from the computer, but the numbers are low here.

As for the first one, almost anyone rational should be able to fulfill that part.

oh i beg to differ there with you. first of all almost all the mods know what to do when dealing with their members keep in mind were out numbered as you can see.

there is a difference between opinion and stupidity which seems to be the case on this site. again members don't know what happens behind closed doors so don't assume.

in any event in modcp i as a mod note every ban and ion can see/open his mouth if any of us were crossing a fine line in abuse

ETA I highly doubt anyone is scared to post their thoughts if they are clear and logical. Then and fully will i respect it. That's speaking on behalf of myself

Last edited by a moderator:
The_Loose_Cannon said:
oh i beg to differ there with you. first of all almost all the mods know what to do when dealing with their members keep in mind were out numbered as you can see.

there is a difference between opinion and stupidity which seems to be the case on this site. again members don't know what happens behind closed doors so don't assume.

in any event in modcp i as a mod note every ban and ion can see/open his mouth if any of us were crossing a fine line in abuse

ETA I highly doubt anyone is scared to post their thoughts if they are clear and logical. Then and fully will i respect it. That's speaking on behalf of myself

I was not saying that anyone was doing poorly, just there there needs to be more moderators here. The nature of this site attracts a younger, more immature audience. That requires more moderation then is currently possible with the amount of moderators that there are.

As I said before, my intention was not to slight anyone. It was just an observation based some posts that I observed and how long they would last. I am certain that the people who are actively moderating are doing well. There just are not enough people online often enough.

Additionally, I was not at all implying that any current moderators were unable to let clear and logical posts remain. Just that a particular user is unable to accept other opinions.

Based on my experience, I can pretty much guess what is going on behind closed doors: outnumbered moderators trying to keep up and mostly doing a good job. It is the few things that slip through the cracks that I notice. You have to remember, I have ample experience in this.

Last edited:
dakuda said:
A SSBB subforum is actually needed. There is too much BS. As for the suggestion of Shoko as a mod, he (or she) needs to be more accepting of differing opionions before that should happen.

Many posts on a subject /= mod quality. Mods should be generally knowledgeable about the topics discussed, present on the board enough to handle situations, and willing to accept opinions that they do not share. The third is the most important to encourage discussions, and many here are not capable of that yet.

Judging by how long it takes some things here to get cleaned up, the second one is not on anyone's priority list. That is not meant as a slight to anyone, everyone has lives away from the computer, but the numbers are low here.

As for the first one, almost anyone rational should be able to fulfill that part.
wat r u talking about? i highly respect peoples opinions. i simply challenge their opinions, which in the rules, says its ok to do

and u know good and well i do the the third thing; encourage discussions. i have 50 threads in the gaming section that have like 4 pages or more.

Last edited:
I think he is saying that anyone who says "wat r u" and does not press shift on his "i"s would most likely not make mod.

Sorry if I'm overstepping my rights as member to post that.

Shoko said:
wat r u talking about? i highly respect peoples opinions. i simply challenge their opinions, which in the rules, says its ok to do
I think he's insinuating that your opinions may somehow affect your credibility/job as a moderator in the forum IF you became mod for SSBB forum. :p

But I think it's the contrary. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back