SMG, unreal

This Wiik

WiiChat Member
Apr 12, 2007
Well I purchased SMG (as well as GHIII) for my 23rd birthday (Nov 23rd .. damn I'm getting old).

I am an old school gamer: think NES and SNES. The last Mario game that I personally enjoyed was Super Mario World as Mario 64 did not do it for me.

This game, however, lives up to the Mario hype. The visuals, the music and the physics are amazing. It is almost enough to bring some tears to my eyes. I don't know if it's because it brings back the sentimental moments of playing the original Mario with my father on Christmas morning when I was a little kid. Maybe it's because this game is that good; in all likelihood it is a little bit of both.

Anyway, I don't want to ramble on but I did want to let the gaming world know that this game needs to be played. Although I'm only a few hours in, imo this game is better than TP. Hell, it might be better than OOT.

Hope everyone had a happy thanksgiving. A Mario game has arrived that gives a nod to the originals while taking it into the future, happy playing!

Last edited:
This Wiik said:
Well I purchased SMG...Hell, it might be better than OOT...

the funny thing about this is that it actually was reviewed to be the best reviewed video game of all time (previously held by Ocarina of Time (OOT)) i have yet to play it...but day by day i think i might literally HAVE to lol

just lil fyi

metalfreak said:
the funny thing about this is that it actually was reviewed to be the best reviewed video game of all time (previously held by Ocarina of Time (OOT)) i have yet to play it...but day by day i think i might literally HAVE to lol

just lil fyi

Yes, you have to play it. :yesnod:

WiiWouldLike2Play said:
Happy birthday!

Thank you very much

i agree, happy birthday.

everytime i hear something about SMG... it's always good. which makes me want it more! gotta wait though, until the 29th when it comes out in au.

First of all, Happy Birthday.
Secondly, I am glad that you are enjoying SMG, because I am currently working my way through the game as well. It is an excellent game, so I hope that you enjoy playing it through to the very end. :)

happy birthday!

and,

yeah i didnt like mario 64 either, but this is phenomenal!

I hope to get smg for christmas as everyone says its great and having seen some footage I decided to play some more of sm64ds (I game I had played a bit and then discarded to a cupboard) and I think I will appreciate it more having gotten back into one of the earlier games. anyway happy birthday.

thanks guys .. this game just has a "wow factor" that I have yet to have since I first started playing video games.

I don't want to over-hype it as this is a very personal gaming experience, but I can't see anyone not enjoying this game.

Happy belated b-day. And yes this game is the best. And i literally mean THE BEST. It's in reviews and evrything.

Back