Snap shot with the GCC

Bakura23

Just some guy
Jan 23, 2013
Knoxville, TN
Wii Online Code
0004-0004-0004-0004
It seems like a lot of people use snap shot, but I think those folks mostly use the remote. I use a gamecube controller and have found no use for this gadget. Hip firing with this controller is too difficult for me to control if my target isn't immediately in front of me. Has anyone that uses either the GameCube or classic controllers found snap shot useful?

Snap Shot def. increases you accuracy.
For example in station when killing a person at the number 5 hack spot from the 'tower/walkway' near the number 4 hack spot it would only take me half a clip with SS, whilst i need a whole clip without SS.In open maps like outpost it allows me to kill opponents far away with lesser bullets than without SS (and thus faster)imo it is basically good for far away ADS kills. As for Hip-firing, honestly aside from with sniper loadouts it doesn't help me much there, and so for hipfiring with my CCP i find SS not necessary.There is no noticeable difference imo when hipfiring with or without SS. Mind you i barely hipfire at faraway targets. Against good opponents with WiiMote i know that winning a faraway gunbattle is against my favour so i try to limit the range as much as possible between me and my opponents.

I have to admit though, i barely slap on SS. I prefer Bio Booster. Noobish as that may be.

I only use bio boost in that slot as well. It's good to know SS works with ADS as well; I was under the impression that it only works when hip firing. I may try it out with one of my assault rifle loadouts, just to see if I can tell a difference.

I am a wiimote user...
Yeah, SS makes a difference. It makes your reticule slightly smaller than normal which reduces your bullet spread. It all helps with hip fire if you can focus on someone "center mass" for a second. The reticule will get "corner marks" and indicate a hip fire lock. Pretty useful really.

I played for the longest time without SS and used BB instead. It took me a while to realize the benefits. I would say that it becomes more effective as you get better with hip fire.

you're talking WiiMote though Tampa.
The effect SS has for CCP is far more limited.

CCP user. I am assuming the GCC is very similar or the same in regards to gameplay.

I have to agree with Koopa from my experience. ADSing at long range with SS does seem to provide a faster kill, but unless I'm ADSing at sniper ranges I don't have much trouble killing enemies without SS. And at that far a range, it's usually not worth it imo because you become an easy target for a low-percentage kill. In actual hipfire situations, I imagine it still increases accuracy as you can see the target reticule is made significantly smaller. But at the medium-short distances I start hipfiring at, missing the target because of the lower accuracy isn't a problem. As long as I can keep the center of fire honed in on their body-mass, they will drop. I also prefer BB, it allows you to take a bit more damage and win a lot of mutual melees. If I were using an AK47, or Sigmus for the proficiencies I would use SS, because the accuracy on those guns is so bad. Otherwise I usually stick with Bio.

On related note, does anyone know if SS tightens shotgun spread?

On related note, does anyone know if SS tightens shotgun spread?

Yes it does. Drummy with LF and SS is a run n' gunner's dream... I also think that because the spread is tighter, it increases effectiveness at range as well.

I use the GCC, but I never use Snap Shot. I usually go with Bio Booster and either Light Foot or Reactive Armor. I don't have much trouble with hip firing using the GCC.

Thanks for the input, everyone. I tried using this in a few loadouts the last few days and found out that I still would rather use bio boost over snap shot. I saw a drop in kills and increase in deaths. I struggled to even get to an even kdr. Not that I'm anything special, but I usually play at a positive ratio now and felt that in most of those matches I should have been doing better.

Back