Snes games for wii

SuperMario

WiiChat Member
Jun 2, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Wii Online Code
3479-4096-9347-4502
i was wandering if the nes, snes and n64 games that are avaliable for download onto your wii are just like the nes, snes and n64 roms that are already all over the internet. If so would it be possible to put all my snes roms that i already have on my computer on my sd card or Usb memory stick, and then put them onto my (future) wii

SuperMario said:
i was wandering if the nes, snes and n64 games that are avaliable for download onto your wii are just like the nes, snes and n64 roms that are already all over the internet. If so would it be possible to put all my snes roms that i already have on my computer on my sd card or Usb memory stick, and then put them onto my (future) wii

Baahahaha. You mean all those ILLEGAL ROM's that Nintendo isn't seeing a penny of? Of course they won't be able to transfer. Why would they do that when they could just NOT do that and charge for games?

Welcome to the forums, though. Hope I haven't scared you off already.

Nah you didnt scare me off, theres always an asshole... im just kidding.

i was just wandering, how elso do you think they would work? because i read in another thread someone said the could be stored on your sd card, and i just jumpd to that conclusion

:) and another reason was that roms arent illigal as such your meant to use them as back up's of your originals, ther not illigal as long as you have the original game on cartridge

Last edited by a moderator:
How it works
Games downloaded from Virtual Console library will be stored on a 512 MB flash memory built into Wii. Another storage method is via the USB ports on the back of the system, which enable the use of external storage devices[11]. Additional downloads may be stored on an SD card, as a slot is provided for these cards on the Wii console. The Wii will use DRM to prevent games being played on other hardware.

Taken straight from the Wiki article. Also, watch the double posts. Try the edit button instead. Don't want to get banned before we get started.

EDIT: Also, most people don't own the games they download. Like me...

the mods will find a way to play the roms on the wii

yeah, but will the snes games be .smc or will nintendo make the games into a whole new filetype, and if they do would that result in they games games being bigger

Recusant, you said "Also, most people don't own the games they download. Like me..." does this mean you support these ILLIGAL ROMS that nintendo doesnt see a penny of?

sorry im not sure how to quote yet

I'm sure they'll make a new filetype.

I don't necessary support illegal ROM's. But it's pointless to spend five bucks on a copy of Earthbound that Nintendo has already been paid for.

EDIT: In the bottom-right hand corner of their message, there is a quote option.

Yeah, i also have a few roms, not much tho, i think iv only got like 5 or 6, but i have owend the cartridge for them at one point, i just never deleted them after i got rid of the original

SuperMario said:
Tis unlikely, the wii will most likely only read that paticular filetype (the type the virtual console games come in), and even if the roms r converted to it, maybe the games will be console specific thus roms wont work. :confused:

Back