Snowbound

Lesley-Ann

WiiChat Member
Nov 29, 2010
Hello All

I am currently completely snowbound and waiting (patiently) for delivery of my Wii console. Been wanting one for years, well since my brother got his and he got his when they were first released.

So I have a nice free source to borrow the odd game or two especially as my two elder nephews are mad on playing with the Wii, another reason I got this particular console, along with the fact I was able to actually afford a Wii unlike other more expensive alternatives.

So while I'm waiting I am cruising around trying to find places with information and ideas for which games are any good and which would be better to avoid and such.

Given my disabilities I also find the Wii (when I've had the opportunity to use my brother's) easy to use and gives me a way to get some exercise without leaving home in the present bad weather. Also never been fond of being around others when I do exercise so doing so in the privacy of my own home without strangers around is another plus for me.

As my nephews are Wii mad I also like that they will use it as well, I hate to waste money on something that doesn't get used making it value for money. This was the reason I first got a DSLite a couple of years ago, so if I didn't use it they would and I wouldn't be wasting money on a plaything which lay around gathering dust.

The console seems to be great value for money and suitable for all ages which is a pull for me. I have been saving for a while and am thrilled to finally be getting one, especially before VAT rises in January. Important facts when on a fixed budget.

Looking forward to participating in the future and reading all the other posts here.

Lesley-Ann :blackwii:

Well welcome to the forums Lesley-Ann, I hope you have a good time and make lots of friends! I like your term wii mad lol that's kinda funny... And what kinda games are you looking for games that make you move, story mode games, sporty games? Because I might be able to recommend a few!

Let me think, apart from a few brief turns with my brother's console on which I played a couple of Mario games, I haven't had any real experience using a console in years. Well apart from DSLite games.

Generally I play a variety of game types, mostly on PC, also I am getting with the console the Sport/Sport Resort games. So I hope those help me a bit getting a tad more fit.

On my DS I mostly play the Professor Layton games, puzzle games, brain training, Mario games and a few games based off movies like Iron Man. On my PC I play a lot of strategy games, board games and the sort of game where you invent a character then go on to train, do quests and the like.

Thanks for your offer to help. Hope my explanation doesn't confuse you too much.

I'm hoping the Wii will also introduce me into other genres out there.

Last edited:
Thanks I'll take a look at them. It's just that looking online in a category (or in store) the sheer mass of them can be overwhelming.

welcome 2 the forums :wiifit:

if u wanna give ur hands a good work out, try smash bros brawl lol

Thank you all for your welcomes. I'm sure I'll keep enjoying the forum. :yesnod:

Welcome to the forums Lesley-Ann! There are a ton of gems for the Wii, you just gotta find the genres you like and seek out the goodies! My recommendations to you would happen to be Boom Blox, Punch-Out!!, and Animal Crossing. Glad to hear you're enjoying the console though!

Hi Ann!! Hope you enjoy the forum.
Anyway, try Wii Sports Resort. For racing with Mario, Mario Kart Wii woud be great.

Thanks for all the suggestions and welcome messages. My Wii is currently sitting in the carrier's depot in Birmingham where it's been since Sunday lunchtime due to the heavy snow fall so I'm spending a lot of time cruising online and looking up suggestions for games etc., to pass the time stuck inside. :eek1:

Back