So how many of you....

SpikeStark

WiiChat Member
Mar 9, 2011
USA
So, how many of you guys/girls actually played the Original Goldeneye way back when? My copy is still ~Fully operational~ and a blast to play.
Hell I even have a rom an emulator for the off chance I have to play Goldeneye and not near my tv.

that was the best game ever made. who cares if the faces were polygonal. i loved running around and shootin things and people. plus paintball mode was fun when your young and can shoot bad words on the wall

Played my friends...never liked I'm a Doom, DoomII, Quake, Quake2, Duke NukeEM, Wolfenstien type of player. I never liked Nintendos game pads for playing, probably why I did not like the game.

i Loved it and yes...still play the original to this day on both the cartridge and rom.....but this is excatly why i cannot stand the campaign mode or the fact that bond in this game is daniel craig......i guess they had to do that for copyright or contractual purposes...but in my opinion it throws off the entire game...i think the original was much closer to the movie....and a much harder campaign as well

that was the best game ever made

Well i'm a huge Zelda fan so i wont be agreeing with that, but it was in my top 3 games at the time.
I still once a year break out my old N64 and always enjoy returning to the classic version, i think it's missions are just so much better. and multiplayer, years wasted infront of my Tv screen. Can remember just sitting around every day in summer just playing the game with my freind and my brother. Childhood memories!

Yes - multiplayer on the original was amazing. I really wish they would have made this new game with a game mode just like the original. Maybe something that you unlocked at lv 50 or something...

Playing Multiplayer with 3 of my best buddies and me hauling ass with 2 RCP-90's...... Memories LOL. Why does the Vargen have 62 and 50 per clip and the RPC-90 has 80? Come on now it's the same gun! I'd rather have 80. Mauling kids in online play with an 80 round clip in the Vargen would OWN!

I want to buy an N64 again and have also get Starfox 64, Goldeneye 007, Mario 64, Wave Race 64 and a few others that were awesome. I saw one at my local Pawn Shop for 15 bucks with 2 controllers and 3 to 12 dollars a game. Plus rumble packs and extra controllers were a few bucks themselves too. If you would add all the money up for an N64 4 controllers 4 rumble packs expansion pack and 10 games back in 97 you're talking an easy 1,100 dollars...... Now about 100 bucks lol. Love it.

...I want to buy an N64 again and have also get Starfox 64, Goldeneye 007, Mario 64, Wave Race 64 and a few others that were awesome...

You can download an N64 emulator for your PC - don't have to pay a thing. Just make sure you have a decent graphics card and a USB clicker and you're good to go. Then have fun not sleeping for a few days :)

...I want to buy an N64 again and have also get Starfox 64, Goldeneye 007, Mario 64, Wave Race 64 and a few others that were awesome...

You can download an N64 emulator for your PC - don't have to pay a thing. Just make sure you have a decent graphics card and a USB clicker and you're good to go. Then have fun not sleeping for a few days :)

My laptop has all of the above. I have GTA San Andreas and GTA IV with PS3 nock off controller via wireless USB connection. The N64 emulator dosent sound half bad. As long as I can use the controller with the N64 games? I would hope. I hate using the mouse and keyboard for video games.

My laptop has all of the above. I have GTA San Andreas and GTA IV with PS3 nock off controller via wireless USB connection. The N64 emulator dosent sound half bad. As long as I can use the controller with the N64 games? I would hope. I hate using the mouse and keyboard for video games.

Yes it does.
You should research n64 emulators before making any final choices.
Also if you have steam, you can get the free HL2 mod, Goldeneye:Source, a remake of the classic 64 game's multiplayer and allows online play. http://www.Goldeneyesource.com

Last edited:
Hell yeah! When I was a kid we played all night long at my best friends house on the big screen. Probably the greatest game until Halo on Xbox. I know there are better games now but I stopped playing video games after original Xbox until I got a Wii about a year ago.

Yes you can. I have a generic Logitech USB clicker I use - as long as your computer recognises it, you'll be good.

I rented it frequently but never bought a copy.
It's a pity it's not coming out on the Virtual Console; I'd love to play it again.

Back